This article may be confusing or unclear to readers. (February 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Spouse||Dr. Rivka Press|
|Alma mater||Yeshiva University|
|Synagogue||Mount Sinai Jewish Center|
|Yeshiva||Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary|
Ezra Schwartz is a Rosh yeshiva and bochein (Official Examiner for Shiur placement exams at RIETS/YU) at Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary, an affiliate of Yeshiva University in New York City. In that role, he administers tests to incoming students and assigns students to classes. Schwartz is the fifth bochein in the history of RIETS. He succeeds Rabbi Yehuda Weil, Rabbi Mendel Zaks (the son in law of the Chofetz Chaim), Rabbi Shraga Feivel Paretzky, and Rabbi Eli B. Shulman.
He now teaches in the RIETS semikha program. He used to be an instructor of Talmud at the Mazer Yeshiva Program in Yeshiva University. Prior to 2012, he instructed talmud at the Irving I. Stone Beit Midrash Program. He also coordinated the Rosansky Program in Contemporary Halacha. He was a member of the staff of YU President Richard M. Joel, where he served as Assistant to the President for Research and Communications.
- "New (Old) Rebbeim and the Missing Rosh Yeshiva". The Commentator (yucommentator.org). Yeshiva University. November 17, 2011. Archived from the original on November 22, 2011.
- Administration, Yeshiva University
- [dead link]
- Yeshiva University President Richard M. Joel: Staff. Yu.edu. Retrieved on 2010-11-05.
- "Rabbi Ezra Schwartz". Mount Sinai Jewish Center.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-11-21. Retrieved 2009-05-06.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)