She has published four books in Persian, including two collections of short stories.
Since coming to the United States she has been writing both in English and Persian. Her plays have been produced by a number of US theater companies. She currently contributes a weekly memoir and many other writings to Shahrvand, the Persian-language magazine based in Toronto, and since 2003 she teaches at DePaul University in Chicago.
- Behind the Curtains, the Story of Tahereh
- The Woman, the Room, and Love
- … And Suddenly the Leopard Cried: WOMAN
- Metamorphosis, a collection of two plays
- Maryam’s Pregnancy
- Migration in the Sun a book of poetry.
- Medea Was Born in Fallujah(anthologized in Witness and Crawdad in 2006)
- Now Smile (anthologized in Witness and Crawdad in 2006)
- Beginning of Bloom
- "The Daily Palette". Retrieved 2009-04-13.
- "Newsletter DePaul University, School for New Learning Online" (PDF). Spring Quarter 2008-2009. Retrieved 2009-04-13. Check date values in:
- Hamid Akbari and Azar Khounani (2005). Iranians in Chicagoland (IL) (Images of America). ISBN 0-7385-3390-4.