F&M Bank (Timberville, Virginia)
|Traded as||OTCQX: FMCB|
|Parent||F&M Bank Corp.|
F&M Bank is a Timberville, Virginia based community bank. The bank was chartered on April 15, 1908, as a state chartered bank and was incorporated in 1983 as a one-bank holding company in Virginia. F&M Bank functions as a regulated financial institution, but provides commercial banking services to small and medium-size businesses, nonprofits, as well as families and individuals in Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley.
The history of F&M Bank can be traced to 1908, when it started its operation as a state chartered bank in Timberville as Farmers & Merchants Bank of Timberville, Inc. In 1983, F&M Bank was incorporated in Virginia and became a registered bank holding company. It maintains its headquarters in Timberville, VA and is a full-service financial institution, offering complete consumer, business, and financial services. F&M is the oldest and the only publicly traded corporation based in Rockingham County, VA.
Regional branch office locations of the bank are located in Bridgewater, Craigsville, Edinburg, Elkton, Grottoes, Luray, Staunton, Harrisonburg and Broadway and these offices share operational responsibility for retail operations and ATMs.
The bank focuses on traditional community banking activities, taking deposits and making loans. The bank originates loans for marketplace lenders and processes payments. As of December 2017, the bank had grown to over $750 million in assets and more than 160 employees.
The bank offers direct lending and marketplace lending processed through different peer-to-peer lending portals.
F&M Bank was founded to provide assistance to individuals in low wealth communities, including entrepreneurs and existing businesses. The Bank’s loans have helped multiple nonprofit organizations and businesses with cash management services intended to increase administrative and operational efficiency in the region.
Through its community programs, F&M Bank has formed partnerships with local community-based organizations and corporations in Virginia.
- Finextra (2018-01-24). "F&M Bank of Virginia taps Geezeo for PFM platform". Finextra Research. Retrieved 2018-04-16.
- "The next step with fintech Industries | Virginia Business". www.virginiabusiness.com. Retrieved 2018-04-16.
- "F&M Bank Corp". MarketWatch. Retrieved 2018-04-16.
- "FMBM Company Profile & Executives - F&M Bank Corp. - Wall Street Journal". quotes.wsj.com. Retrieved 2018-04-16.
- "Farmers and Merchants Bank History". www.fmbankva.com. Retrieved 2018-04-16.
- "F&M Bank Corp. Board of Directors Appoints President". www.fmbankva.com. Retrieved 2018-04-19.
- "F&M Bank in Va. Acquires Title Insurance Firm". American Banker. Retrieved 2018-04-16.