|Full name||Fábio Gonçalves Abreu|
|Date of birth||29 January 1993|
|Place of birth||Lisbon, Portugal|
|Height||1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|2012–2013||→ Ribeira Brava (loan)||12||(4)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 August 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 10 September 2019
Born in Lisbon of Angolan descent, Abreu played youth football for three clubs, including Bacup Borough and Mossley in England. In 2012, he was loaned by C.S. Marítimo to amateurs Clube Desportivo Ribeira Brava – also in the island of Madeira – to kickstart his senior career.
Abreu spent the better part of his spell at the Estádio do Marítimo registered with the reserve side. His first Primeira Liga appearance with the first team occurred on 1 February 2015, when he came on as a late substitute in a 1−1 away draw against Académica de Coimbra; in May 2014, he renewed his contract until June 2017.
Abreu won his first cap for Angola on 6 September 2019, featuring the entire 1−0 away win over Gambia for the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers. He scored his first goal in the return leg, a 2−1 victory in Luanda that qualified to the group phase.
- As of 10 September 2019 (Angola score listed first, score column indicates score after each Abreu goal)
|1.||10 September 2019||Estádio 11 de Novembro, Luanda, Angola||Gambia||2–1||2–1||2022 FIFA World Cup qualification|
- "Penafiel perdulário empata 1–1 na visita ao Cova da Piedade" [Miss-a-lot Penafiel draw 1–1 in visit to Cova da Piedade]. Diário de Notícias (in Portuguese). 16 February 2019. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- "COMPLETE A−Z OF MOSSLEY PLAYERS from 1919 to current". Mossley Web. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- "Fábio Abreu renova com Marítimo até 2017" [Fábio Abreu renews with Marítimo until 2017] (in Portuguese). Rádio e Televisão de Portugal. 17 May 2014. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- Vieira Lopes, Paulo (31 January 2015). "Fábio Abreu estreia-se nos convocados do Marítimo" [Fábio Abreu makes Marítimo selection for the first time] (in Portuguese). DNotícias. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- "Fábio Abreu é novidade para o Estoril" [Fábio Abreu a novelty for Estoril]. O Jogo (in Portuguese). 24 April 2015. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- "Académica-Marítimo, 1−1: Empate anunciado não agrada a ninguém" [Académica-Marítimo, 1−1: Announced draw pleases no one]. Record (in Portuguese). 1 February 2015. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- Caires, Raul (10 July 2017). "Marítimo: Fábio Abreu não renova e assina pelo Penafiel" [Marítimo: Fábio Abreu does not renew and signs for Penafiel] (in Portuguese). Mais Futebol. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- Devesas, Lino (8 June 2019). "Já estava comprometido com o Gil Vicente, mas é o mais recente reforço do Moreirense" [He had already committed to Gil Vicente, but he is Moreirense's latest addition]. O Jogo (in Portuguese). Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- Freitas, Bruno (7 September 2019). "Fábio Abreu titular na vitória de Angola sobre a Gâmbia" [Fábio Abreu started in Angola win over Gambia]. Record (in Portuguese). Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- "Mundial 2022: Angola vence Gâmbia e garante fase de grupos" [2022 World Cup: Angola beat Gambia and confirm group stage] (in Portuguese). Mais Futebol. 10 September 2019. Retrieved 10 September 2019.