View of the Færder Lighthouse
Færder within Vestfold og Telemark
|County||Vestfold og Telemark|
|Established||1 Jan 2018|
|• Mayor (2018)||Roar Jonstang (H)|
|• Total||99.96 km2 (38.59 sq mi)|
|• Land||99.72 km2 (38.50 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.24 km2 (0.09 sq mi) 0.24%|
|Area rank||380 in Norway|
|• Rank||39 in Norway|
|• Density||267.5/km2 (693/sq mi)|
|• Change (10 years)||7.6%|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|ISO 3166 code||NO-3811|
|Official language form||Neutral |
Færder is a municipality in Vestfold in Vestfold og Telemark county, Norway. The administrative centre of the municipality is the village of Borgheim. The municipality was established in 2018 by the unification of the former municipalities of Tjøme and Nøtterøy.
The 100-square-kilometre (39 sq mi) municipality is the 380th largest by area out of the 422 municipalities in Norway. Færder is the 39th most populous municipality in Norway with a population of 26,676. The municipality's population density is 267.5 inhabitants per square kilometre (693/sq mi) and its population has increased by 7.6% over the last decade.
The Færder National Park, which was established in 2013, comprises islands and sea area east of the municipality.
All municipalities in Norway, including Færder, are responsible for primary education (through 10th grade), outpatient health services, senior citizen services, unemployment and other social services, zoning, economic development, and municipal roads. The municipality is governed by a municipal council of elected representatives, which in turn elect a mayor. The municipality falls under the Tønsberg District Court and the Agder Court of Appeal.
|Party Name (in Norwegian)||Number of|
|Labour Party (Arbeiderpartiet)||12|
|Progress Party (Fremskrittspartiet)||6|
|Green Party (Miljøpartiet De Grønne)||2|
|Conservative Party (Høyre)||16|
|Christian Democratic Party (Kristelig Folkeparti)||2|
|Centre Party (Senterpartiet)||2|
|Socialist Left Party (Sosialistisk Venstreparti)||4|
|Liberal Party (Venstre)||3|
|Total number of members:||47|
- "Navn på steder og personer: Innbyggjarnamn" (in Norwegian). Språkrådet.
- "Forskrift om målvedtak i kommunar og fylkeskommunar" (in Norwegian). Lovdata.no.
- Lundbo, Sten. "Færder". In Bolstad, Erik (ed.). Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Norsk nettleksikon. Retrieved 5 January 2018.
- Statistisk sentralbyrå (2017). "Table: 06913: Population 1 January and population changes during the calendar year (M)" (in Norwegian). Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- "Table: 04813: Members of the local councils, by party/electoral list at the Municipal Council election (M)" (in Norwegian). Statistics Norway. 2015.
- Media related to Færder at Wikimedia Commons