|• Total||2.7 km2 (1.0 sq mi)|
|Elevation||495 m (1,624 ft)|
|• Density||330/km2 (860/sq mi)|
|Localities||Féchy-Dessus, Les Cassivettes, Le Martheray, Le Saugey|
|Surrounded by||Aubonne, Allaman, Perroy, Bougy-Villars, Pizy|
|Twin towns||Oberdiessbach (Switzerland)|
Profile (in French), SFSO statistics
Féchy is first mentioned in 1188 as Fescheio.
Féchy has an area, as of 2009[update], of 2.7 square kilometers (1.0 sq mi). Of this area, 1.9 km2 (0.73 sq mi) or 70.4% is used for agricultural purposes, while 0.18 km2 (0.069 sq mi) or 6.7% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 0.62 km2 (0.24 sq mi) or 23.0% is settled (buildings or roads), 0.01 km2 (2.5 acres) or 0.4% is either rivers or lakes.
Of the built up area, housing and buildings made up 12.2% and transportation infrastructure made up 7.8%. Power and water infrastructure as well as other special developed areas made up 2.6% of the area Out of the forested land, 5.2% of the total land area is heavily forested and 1.5% is covered with orchards or small clusters of trees. Of the agricultural land, 27.8% is used for growing crops and 3.0% is pastures, while 39.6% is used for orchards or vine crops. All the water in the municipality is flowing water.
The municipality consists of two settlement areas on both sides of road known as Vy d'Etraz, which runs between Nyon and Aubonne. It consists of the village of Féchy and the hamlets of La Crausaz, Le Saugey and Féchy-Dessus and the new development of Les Cassivettes.
Coat of arms
Féchy has a population (as of December 2017[update]) of 896. As of 2008[update], 27.5% of the population are resident foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years (1999–2009 ) the population has changed at a rate of 22.2%. It has changed at a rate of 15.5% due to migration and at a rate of 7% due to births and deaths.
Most of the population (as of 2000[update]) speaks French (500 or 79.1%), with German being second most common (44 or 7.0%) and Portuguese being third (36 or 5.7%). There is 1 person who speaks Italian.
Of the population in the municipality 147 or about 23.3% were born in Féchy and lived there in 2000. There were 190 or 30.1% who were born in the same canton, while 113 or 17.9% were born somewhere else in Switzerland, and 170 or 26.9% were born outside of Switzerland.
In 2008[update] there were 8 live births to Swiss citizens and 2 births to non-Swiss citizens, and in same time span there was 1 death of a Swiss citizen and 1 non-Swiss citizen death. Ignoring immigration and emigration, the population of Swiss citizens increased by 7 while the foreign population increased by 1. There were 2 Swiss men who emigrated from Switzerland. At the same time, there were 5 non-Swiss men and 4 non-Swiss women who immigrated from another country to Switzerland. The total Swiss population change in 2008 (from all sources, including moves across municipal borders) was an increase of 6 and the non-Swiss population increased by 17 people. This represents a population growth rate of 3.2%.
The age distribution, as of 2009[update], in Féchy is; 100 children or 13.0% of the population are between 0 and 9 years old and 89 teenagers or 11.6% are between 10 and 19. Of the adult population, 83 people or 10.8% of the population are between 20 and 29 years old. 100 people or 13.0% are between 30 and 39, 132 people or 17.1% are between 40 and 49, and 108 people or 14.0% are between 50 and 59. The senior population distribution is 102 people or 13.2% of the population are between 60 and 69 years old, 32 people or 4.2% are between 70 and 79, there are 21 people or 2.7% who are between 80 and 89, and there are 3 people or 0.4% who are 90 and older.
As of 2000[update], there were 244 private households in the municipality, and an average of 2.5 persons per household. There were 61 households that consist of only one person and 16 households with five or more people. Out of a total of 250 households that answered this question, 24.4% were households made up of just one person and there were 3 adults who lived with their parents. Of the rest of the households, there are 71 married couples without children, 94 married couples with children There were 10 single parents with a child or children. There were 5 households that were made up of unrelated people and 6 households that were made up of some sort of institution or another collective housing.
In 2000[update] there were 112 single family homes (or 62.2% of the total) out of a total of 180 inhabited buildings. There were 29 multi-family buildings (16.1%), along with 32 multi-purpose buildings that were mostly used for housing (17.8%) and 7 other use buildings (commercial or industrial) that also had some housing (3.9%). Of the single family homes 22 were built before 1919, while 11 were built between 1990 and 2000. The greatest number of single family homes (37) were built between 1981 and 1990. The most multi-family homes (6) were built between 1971 and 1980 and the next most (5) were built before 1919. There were 2 multi-family houses built between 1996 and 2000.
In 2000[update] there were 253 apartments in the municipality. The most common apartment size was 4 rooms of which there were 54. There were 13 single room apartments and 120 apartments with five or more rooms. Of these apartments, a total of 229 apartments (90.5% of the total) were permanently occupied, while 17 apartments (6.7%) were seasonally occupied and 7 apartments (2.8%) were empty. As of 2009[update], the construction rate of new housing units was 2.6 new units per 1000 residents. The vacancy rate for the municipality, in 2010[update], was 0.34%.
Heritage sites of national significance
In the 2007 federal election the most popular party was the SVP which received 23.46% of the vote. The next three most popular parties were the LPS Party (20.42%), the FDP (14.75%) and the SP (12.92%). In the federal election, a total of 258 votes were cast, and the voter turnout was 61.0%.
As of 2010[update], Féchy had an unemployment rate of 2.4%. As of 2008[update], there were 84 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 21 businesses involved in this sector. 24 people were employed in the secondary sector and there were 4 businesses in this sector. 92 people were employed in the tertiary sector, with 23 businesses in this sector. There were 340 residents of the municipality who were employed in some capacity, of which females made up 42.9% of the workforce.
In 2008[update] the total number of full-time equivalent jobs was 146. The number of jobs in the primary sector was 61, all of which were in agriculture. The number of jobs in the secondary sector was 21 of which 4 or (19.0%) were in manufacturing and 17 (81.0%) were in construction. The number of jobs in the tertiary sector was 64. In the tertiary sector; 11 or 17.2% were in wholesale or retail sales or the repair of motor vehicles, 1 was in the movement and storage of goods, 5 or 7.8% were in a hotel or restaurant, 2 or 3.1% were in the information industry, 4 or 6.3% were the insurance or financial industry, 14 or 21.9% were technical professionals or scientists, 3 or 4.7% were in education.
In 2000[update], there were 58 workers who commuted into the municipality and 227 workers who commuted away. The municipality is a net exporter of workers, with about 3.9 workers leaving the municipality for every one entering. Of the working population, 10.6% used public transportation to get to work, and 62.9% used a private car.
From the 2000 census[update], 170 or 26.9% were Roman Catholic, while 303 or 47.9% belonged to the Swiss Reformed Church. Of the rest of the population, there was 1 member of an Orthodox church, and there were 16 individuals (or about 2.53% of the population) who belonged to another Christian church. There were 10 individuals (or about 1.58% of the population) who were Jewish, and there was 1 individual who was Islamic. There were 2 individuals who belonged to another church. 108 (or about 17.09% of the population) belonged to no church, are agnostic or atheist, and 21 individuals (or about 3.32% of the population) did not answer the question.
In Féchy about 203 or (32.1%) of the population have completed non-mandatory upper secondary education, and 150 or (23.7%) have completed additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule). Of the 150 who completed tertiary schooling, 48.7% were Swiss men, 30.7% were Swiss women, 13.3% were non-Swiss men and 7.3% were non-Swiss women.
In the 2009/2010 school year there were a total of 77 students in the Féchy school district. In the Vaud cantonal school system, two years of non-obligatory pre-school are provided by the political districts. During the school year, the political district provided pre-school care for a total of 631 children of which 203 children (32.2%) received subsidized pre-school care. The canton's primary school program requires students to attend for four years. There were 47 students in the municipal primary school program. The obligatory lower secondary school program lasts for six years and there were 30 students in those schools.
- Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeindedaten nach 4 Hauptbereichen
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office - STAT-TAB, online database – Ständige und nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach institutionellen Gliederungen, Geburtsort und Staatsangehörigkeit (in German) accessed 17 September 2018
- Féchy in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office-Land Use Statistics 2009 data (in German) accessed 25 March 2010
- Nomenklaturen – Amtliches Gemeindeverzeichnis der Schweiz (in German) accessed 4 April 2011
- Flags of the World.com accessed 16-May-2011
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office - Superweb database - Gemeinde Statistics 1981-2008 Archived June 28, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. (in German) accessed 19 June 2010
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office Archived January 5, 2016, at the Wayback Machine. accessed 16-May-2011
- STAT-TAB Datenwürfel für Thema 40.3 - 2000 Archived April 9, 2014, at the Wayback Machine. (in German) accessed 2 February 2011
- Canton of Vaud Statistical Office (in French) accessed 29 April 2011
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office STAT-TAB - Datenwürfel für Thema 09.2 - Gebäude und Wohnungen Archived September 7, 2014, at the Wayback Machine. (in German) accessed 28 January 2011
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office STAT-TAB Bevölkerungsentwicklung nach Region, 1850-2000 Archived September 30, 2014, at the Wayback Machine. (in German) accessed 29 January 2011
- "Kantonsliste A-Objekte". KGS Inventar (in German). Federal Office of Civil Protection. 2009. Archived from the original on 28 June 2010. Retrieved 25 April 2011.
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office, Nationalratswahlen 2007: Stärke der Parteien und Wahlbeteiligung, nach Gemeinden/Bezirk/Canton Archived May 14, 2015, at the Wayback Machine. (in German) accessed 28 May 2010
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office STAT-TAB Betriebszählung: Arbeitsstätten nach Gemeinde und NOGA 2008 (Abschnitte), Sektoren 1-3 Archived December 25, 2014, at the Wayback Machine. (in German) accessed 28 January 2011
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office - Statweb (in German) accessed 24 June 2010
- Organigramme de l'école vaudoise, année scolaire 2009-2010 (in French) accessed 2 May 2011
- Canton of Vaud Statistical Office - Scol. obligatoire/filières de transition (in French) accessed 2 May 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Féchy.|