|Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (December 2014)|
f(x) performing at the 40th anniversary of the KOCIS in December, 2011
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Associated acts||SM Town|
f(x) or F(x) (/ /; Korean: 에프엑스) is a K-pop girl group formed by S.M. Entertainment in 2009. The group is composed of four (formerly five) members: Victoria, Amber, Luna and Krystal. They have been recognized as "the most reliably risk-taking act in K-Pop" due to their experimental fashion and their eclectic, electropop sound. Each member has also participated in other forms of entertainment, such as acting and television hosting.
Since their debut, f(x) has released four full-length albums, two extended plays, one repackaged album, one Korean Physical single and one Japanese Physical single. They have also won many awards and starred in their own reality shows.
f(x) is one of the few K-pop groups to receive international recognition, as they were the first K-pop act to perform at SXSW and their widely acclaimed second album, Pink Tape, was the only K-pop album chosen by the American music channel Fuse to be among the "The 41 Best Albums" of 2013.
- 1 History
- 1.1 Casting and pre-debut
- 1.2 2009-2010: Debut, LA chA TA, Chu~♡, Nu ABO and rising popularity
- 1.3 2011-2012: Pinocchio, Hot Summer and Electric Shock
- 1.4 2013-2014: SXSW, Pink Tape, Red Light and Sulli's temporary hiatus
- 1.5 2015: Amber's solo debut, SUMMER SPECIAL, Sulli's departure and 4 WALLS
- 1.6 2016: 1st Solo concert and Japanese tour
- 2 Discography
- 3 Videography
- 4 Filmography
- 5 Tours
- 6 Awards and nominations
- 7 References
- 8 See also
Casting and pre-debut
Krystal was first spotted with her sister, Jessica, by S.M. Entertainment in 2000 on a family visit to Korea, which earned her a small role in Shinhwa's "Wedding March (Neoui Gyeoteseo 2)" (너의 곁에서 2) music video.
Victoria was spotted by one of S.M. Entertainment's agents at a Beijing dance competition in September 2007, and later joined the company.
Two months later, Amber was cast through S.M. Global Auditions in Los Angeles, California, where she signed a contract to become one of two trainees.
2009-2010: Debut, LA chA TA, Chu~♡, Nu ABO and rising popularity
f(x) was introduced, as the "Asia's Pop Dance Group", through a video teaser released on August 24, 2009. Their debut single, "LA chA TA", was released on September 1. On September 2, the group performed their single for the first time at a showcase held at the Samseong-dong Fashion Center. They made their official debut on September 5 at their first broadcast performance under MBC's music show Music Core.
In October, f(x) promoted the LG Chocolate cellphone alongside label mates Girls' Generation. Both groups released their own rendition of the song "Chocolate Love", with f(x)'s being an electro-pop version on October 8. Their first physical single, "Chu~♡", was released on November 9. A month later, the group appeared as special guests at Girls' Generation's Into The New World concert held at the Olympic Fencing Gymnasium on December 19 and 20., performing their singles "LA chA TA" and "Chu~".
In January 2010, f(x) collaborated with Chinese boy band M.I.C. to promote the LG Cyon cellphone.They released a Chinese cover of "Lollipop", written by Julius Dixson and Beverly Ross, on January 2. f(x) also had their first documentary reality show Hello f(x) in April, which filmed the members' travel experiences in several countries like Africa and Thailand.
Subsequently, f(x) released their first extended play, Nu ABO on May 4. Consisting of six tracks, the lead single "Nu ABO" topped various online music portal charts in Korea, and also become one of Gaon Chart's weekly number-one singles. The group held their first performance of the song on KBS's Music Bank on May 7.
Shortly after the group's comeback, Amber went on hiatus in June due to an ankle injury. The remaining four members were to continue group activities without her for the rest of the year. Starting July 17, f(x) began performing "Mr Boogie" on music shows as a follow-up single from their EP. The group went on to participate in the SMTown Live '10 World Tour on August 21 at the Seoul Jamsil Olympic Stadium. They also performed in Tokyo, Shanghai, Los Angeles, and Paris on later dates. This marks the first time f(x) and their fellow label mates are performing outside of Asia. In October, f(x) was announced to have their second documentary reality show, f(x)'s Koala, which would be filmed without Amber. The show featured the f(x) members' sharings about their sightseeing in Los Angeles, Tokyo and other world-famous cities to attain cultural experiences, which helps promote f(x) and South Korea in different countries.
f(x) was later announced to have been signed to Japan's Avex Entertainment, and their albums will be released under the label in Japan, Taiwan, China, and Hong Kong.
2011-2012: Pinocchio, Hot Summer and Electric Shock
In early 2011, it was announced that Amber has returned to the group from her hiatus and the group would be preparing for their upcoming comeback and album release. On April 20, f(x)'s first full-length studio album Pinocchio, along with its lead single, "Pinocchio (Danger)", was released. The single peaked at number one on the Gaon digital single chart upon its release. The group held their first performance of the single on KBS's Music Bank on April 22 and achieved eight wins with "Pinocchio (Danger)" on various music shows.
On June 14, Pinocchio was re-released under the title Hot Summer. The repackage album contained the title track "Hot Summer", a remake of a Monrose song written by Thomas Troelsen and Remee, as well as three previously released digital singles "LA chA TA", "Chu♡" and "Is It Ok?". The single was a success, peaking at number two on the Gaon digital single chart and recording over 375,000 downloads during its release week. The song went on to become the 16th most successful digital song of 2011 in South Korea, selling 2,909,384 copies by the end of the year.
In August 2011, f(x) released an OST song called "Garagabana" for the online game Bust-a-Move; and in December, they released an English song entitled "1, 2, 3" as part of the 2011 Winter SMTown – The Warmest Gift album.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
f(x) released their second EP titled Electric Shock on June 10, 2012. Upon its release, the EP received widespread acclaim from South Korean critics, many commending its cohesive production and f(x)'s newfound sonic direction. On June 14, the group began promotions for the album, starting on Mnet's M! Countdown. They performed both the title track "Electric Shock" and album track "Jet" as part of their special comeback stage. The group eventually achieved 9 wins on various music shows.
2013-2014: SXSW, Pink Tape, Red Light and Sulli's temporary hiatus
In January 2013, the songs "Electric Shock" and "Jet" from f(x)'s second EP were both nominated for "Best Dance and Electronic Song" award at the 10th Annual Korean Music Awards. "Electric Shock" eventually won the award. In the same year, f(x) was also awarded the "Digital Bonsang" award at the Golden Disk Awards and Seoul Music Awards, as well as the "MBC Music Star Award" at Melon Music Awards.
In March, f(x) became the first K-pop artist to perform at the SXSW, a festival held annually in Austin, Texas. During their trip to Texas, the group collaborated with Anna Kendrick to shoot a skit for comedy website Funny Or Die. All these events are televised on f(x)'s reality show Go f(x).
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
The group's second full-length album Pink Tape was released on July 29. Their showcase, "f(x) Music Spoiler - Play! Pink Tape", was held through Naver Music on the same day. The album peaked at number one on multiple music charts, including Billboard's World Albums Chart and Gaon Albums Chart. The album also received several critical acclaims, and was the only Kpop release in 2013 to be ranked in "The 41 Best Albums of 2013"
In early 2014, f(x) won several awards for their musical and artistic performance in 2013. They were awarded the "Group Artist" award at the 20th Korean Entertainment Arts Awards, "Disk Bonsang" at the 28th Golden Disk Awards, as well as "Best Overseas Artist Performance" at Yin Yue Feng Yun Bang Awards held in China.
f(x)'s third studio album Red Light was released on July 7, 2014, along with the music video of "Red Light". The eponymous title track "Red Light" is of the electronic house genre, and the lyrics talk about capturing great moments, sending a message to stop and reconsider what is important in life while using red light to symbolize a warning in an interesting manner. The album experiments with different sounds and has a total of eleven tracks, including promotional tracks "Milk" and "All Night". In regard to some mixed reviews regarding the album's dark and eerie concept, f(x) discussed that they themselves like challenging themselves with new and unique concepts. Krystal further added that she likes this current concept because a lot of times she’s given roles that make her look pretty, but just this once she wanted something that would make her look darker and different. The music video reached more than 2 million views on YouTube on the first day of its release, and was also ranked as the most viewed K-pop videos in America and around the world during the month of July. Fuse TV described the group as K-Pop's top hipsters, and Pitchfork listed f(x)'s previous singles "Shadow", "Rum Pum Pum Pum", along with "Red Light" as part of the best 20 essential K-pop songs in recent years.
On July 17, f(x) performed on Mnet's M! Countdown without Sulli, with S.M. Entertainment announcing that Sulli was sick and thus unable to perform. However shortly after, S.M. Entertainment posted an official statement on the group's homepage, stating Sulli has become "mentally and physically exhausted from the continuous, malicious comments and false rumors" that has been spread about her in the past year, and thus she would take a temporary hiatus from the entertainment industry though still remaining a member of the group. The group would also be wrapping up promotions for their third album Red Light, and the remaining members would now focus on their solo activities and continue any group activities without Sulli for the time being.
2015: Amber's solo debut, SUMMER SPECIAL, Sulli's departure and 4 WALLS
S.M. Entertainment announced the solo debut of Amber on November 30, 2014, revealing that the album is set to be released in February 2015. The album, titled Beautiful, was released on February 13, 2015 and contained five songs.
It was revealed that the EP was written and composed by Amber, including lead single, "Shake That Brass", which features Girls' Generation member Taeyeon. In the February 12 broadcast of SBS Power FM's Cultwo Show, Amber revealed that she personally asked the singer if she wanted to be featured in the song. During the promotion of "Shake that Brass", Amber featured several artists including Luna to sing Taeyeon's part of the song.
The group's first physical Japanese single Summer Special Pinocchio / Hot Summer, was released on July 22, 2015. It includes both "Hot Summer" and "Pinocchio", and also contains a bonus DVD containing the music videos of both songs. At the event held in Osaka for the release of the single, only Krystal, Luna and Amber were present. Victoria was absent due to her health and her activities in China as well as a movie filming in England and Sulli has still not returned from her break.
On August 7, S.M. Entertainment officially announced that Sulli will leave the group. Two days later, the group held their first official stage as a 4-member group at the 2015 London Korean Film Festival: Imagine Your Korea event, giving a free performance at Trafalgar Square to celebrate the festival. It was reported that over 35,000 people were in attendance for the festival. S.M Entertainment also confirmed that f(x) will be coming back as a 4-member group with their fourth studio album, scheduled to release sometime in September.
On October 19, SMTOWN created a new Instagram account called "f(x) - 4 WALLS", where photos of f(x)'s comeback were posted. From October 21 through 26, an art gallery located in the Itaewon District and called "4 Walls : An Exhibit" showcases the individual member's teaser videos on each of the four walls. Victoria's teaser photoshoots were exhibited on October 21,' Luna's on October 22,' Krystal's on October 23,' and Amber's on October 24.' On October 27, f(x)'s "4 Walls" music video was released on S.M Entertainment's official YouTube channel. ''' In less than a day, "4 Walls" accumulated a total of 1,884,732 views. Their fourth full-length album was released the following day. f(x) held their first comeback stage on October 29, on Mnet's M! Countdown, performing their title song, "4 Walls", along with their album track "Diamond". They also held performances on KBS's Music Bank, MBC's Music Core and SBS's Inkigayo. The group eventually achieved 5 wins on various music shows after promoting for three weeks. 4 Walls has sold 66k copies in one week upon its release, allowing f(x) to become the highest selling female artist in 2015 with their first week sales. The album also debuted at the number one spot on Billboard, and became critically acclaimed on Pitchfork; making them the only Kpop group apart from 2NE1 to be featured on the website
On November 9, it's announced that the members of f(x) were getting their own reality show for the first time in two years. f(x)=1cm would show f(x) members interacting and having much more intimate communication with their fans. The program is going to be airing for 4 days with two episodes per day for 8 episodes from November 10 to 13, through NaverTV as well as China's Youku.
It was announced that f(x) would attend 2015 Mnet Asian Music Awards on December 2, and hold a collaborative performance with the British electronic pop duo Pet Shop Boys. During the collaboration and awards ceremony, Victoria was absent because of her individual activities. f(x) won the "Global Fans Choice Award" at the award ceremony.
On December 6, S.M. Entertainment revealed that the group, alongside label mates Red Velvet and BoA, will take part in the agency's special winter project, entitled Winter Garden, by releasing a digital single on December 15. The song is named "12:25 (Wish List)". On December 15, it was evealed that f(x) was the ninth most reblogged kpop group for 2015 according to Tumblr's Year in Review series.
2016: 1st Solo concert and Japanese tour
On October 28, 2015, S.M. Entertainment reveals that the girl group will be holding their very own solo concert for the first time next January. The concert will take place at the Seoul Olympic Park Olympic Hall on January 30 and 31.' On December 3, the first promotional posters for f(x) The 1st Concert: Dimension 4 Docking Station was revealed. The concert tickets will go on sale December 10, 2015 at 8PM (KST), on Yes24.
On December 28, it revealed that the date of January 29 was added to the group's Korean concert. The tickets for the added date will, go on sale on January 4 at 8pm (KST) on YES24.
They have also been confirmed to head to Japan next February for their first Japanese concert tour since their Korean debut in 2009. The upcoming tour will kick off on February 20 in Tokyo, and end on the 28th at the Achi Prefecture.
On January 21, members Amber, Krystal and Luna attended the Golden Disk Awards were the group won the Disk Bonsang for their album, 4 Walls which was performed as well. Krystal was also a MC for the award ceremony.
On January 31, during the last day of their Korean concerts, the members of F(x) officially revealed the group's fanclub name as ME U.
|2012||I AM.||Documentary of SM Town Live '10 World Tour at Madison Square Garden||Themselves|
|SM Town Live in Tokyo Special Edition in 3D||Documentary of SM Town Live World Tour III at Tokyo|
|2015||SMTOWN The Stage||Documentary of SM Town Live World Tour 4 at Tokyo|
|2010-2011||MBC Every1||f(x) Koala||Victoria, Luna, Sulli, Krystal||Amber did not appear due to an ankle injury|
|2012||Weekly Idol||Victoria, Amber, Luna, Krystal||Sulli did not appear due to a drama shooting
|2013||Mnet America||Go! f(x)||All|
|Mnet||Amazing f(x)||8 episodes|
|KBS World||Hello Councelor||Summer spécial|
|2014||Jiangsu Tv||The Ultimate group||Victoria, Amber, Luna, Krystal||Sulli did not appear due to her hiatus|
||f(x)=1 cm||All||8 Episodes|
- SM Town Live '10 World Tour (2010-2011)
- SM Town Live World Tour III (2012-2013)
- SM Town Live World Tour IV (2014–2015)
- SM Town Week: "Christmas Wonderland" (with EXO) (2013)
Awards and nominations
- Pearce, Sheldon (November 18, 2015). "f(x): 4 Walls", Pitchfork Media. Retrieved November 18, 2015.
- "SWSX Music: Korean Pop With Its Own Special f(x)". Pareles, Jon for The New York Times (March 13, 2013).
- "Starter: 20 Essential K-Pop Songs". Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- f(x)’s ‘Red Light’ video surpasses 2m hits on first day Julie Jackson. Koreaherald.com (July 4, 2014). Retrieved July 4, 2014.
- f(x) Talks About Performing as First K-Pop Act at SXSW Jessica Oak. Billboard.com (March 26, 2013). Retrieved September 2, 2015
- f(x)′s Album Listed as Fuse TV’s ‘The 41 Best Albums of 2013 CJ E&M enewsWorld. ENewsWorld.com (December 20, 2013). Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- Studarus, Laura (June–July 2014). "Seoul Sisters". NYLON magazine.
- Girls’ Generation’s Jessica & f(x)’s Krystal got scouted on the street by SM Entertainment (in Korean) Newsen.com (September 12, 2009). Retrieved June 9, 2014.
- Ryu Seung-yoon (March 30, 2010). "Korean-Chinese girl group to debut next week". The Korea Herald. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- May Myong Won Cho (August 12, 2012). "[Happy Birthday] f(x)’s Luna Turns 19". enewsWorld (Mwave). Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- f(x) Introductory Teaser on SM Entertainment Official YouTube Channel Youtube.com (July 6, 2011). Retrieved May 22, 2014
- New albums & Singles Review for September 2009 Soompi.com (September 6, 2009). Retrieved May 22, 2014.
- "La Cha Ta" on SM Entertainment Official YouTube Channel Youtube.com (July 6, 2011). Retrieved May 22, 2014.
- f(x)'s debut performance on MBC MusicCore Allkpop.com (September 5, 2009). Retrieved May 22, 2014.
- LG "Chocolate Love" CF (in Korean) ibtimes.co.kr (October 9, 2009). Retrieved November 16, 2010.
- SNSD & f(x)'s Chocolate Love are released Allkpop.com (October 8, 2009). Retrieved May 22, 2014.
- f(x) to release 1st album Allkpop.com (November 3, 2009). Retrieved May 22, 2014.
- Girls’ Generation Impresses Fans With First Concert Koreatimes.co.kr (December 21, 2009). Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- f(x)’s NU ABO is already No. 1 on the charts Allkpop.com (May 5, 2010). Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- f(x) Nu ABO MV to be released on May 6th! Community.livejournal.com (May 4, 2010). Retrieved June 20, 2010.
- SM Entertainment to launch world tour Koreatimes.co.kr (July 2, 2010). Retrieved July 5, 2010.
- Avex promises full-fledged support of SM Entertainment artists Hancinema.net (November 25, 2010). Retrieved June 14, 2014.
- f(x) Amber to return and info on new releases (in Korean) News.mk.co.kr (January 15, 2011). Retrieved January 19, 2011.
- f(x)’s "Hot Summer" will be a remake. Bad idea? Probably. Seoulbeats.com (June 12, 2011). Retrieved July 12, 2011.
- f(x)'s repackaged album and ‘Hot Summer’ (in Korean) News.naver.com (June 8, 2011). Retrieved July 12, 2011.
- f(x) reveals OST for ‘Puzzle Bubble’ online game Allkpop.com (August 14, 2011). Retrieved September 11, 2011.
- 2011 SMTOWN Winter 'The Warmest Gift' will be Released on the 13th! Facebook.com (December 6, 2011). Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- "Electric Shock" f(x)'s surprise comeback (in Korean) News.nate.com (June 4, 2012). Retrieved June 4, 2012.
- f(x) releases ‘Electric Shock’ Allkpop.com (June 9, 2012). Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- f(x) - Electric Shock | :: 음악웹진 스캐터브레인 ::. scatterbrain.co.kr (July 2, 2012). Retrieved March 2, 2015.
- Nominees for the 10th Korean Music Awards Announced Koreanindie.com (January 29, 2013). Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- 한국대중음악상 (In Korean) Koreanmusicawards.com (2013). Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- f(x) Talks About Performing as First K-Pop Act at SXSW Billboard.com (March 26, 2013). Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- Q&A: f(x) Reacts to Topping K-Pop Hot 100 & World Albums Chart (Exclusive) Billboard.com (September 11, 2013). Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- Gaon Album Chart August 2013 Gaon.co.kr (August 2013). Retrieved May 30, 2014.
- f(x)′s Album Listed as Fuse TV’s ‘The 41 Best Albums of 2013’ M.enewsworld.interest.me (December 20, 2013). Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- f(x) sweeps the music charts with Rum Pum Pum Pum Sg.entertainment.yahoo.com (July 31, 2013). Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- 20 Best K-Pop Songs of 2013 - K Town Picks Billboard.com (December 23, 2013). Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- EXO, f(x), A Pink and more win awards at the '20th Korean Entertainment Arts Awards' Allkpop.com (February 8, 2014). Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- Winners from the '28th Golden Disk Awards' Allkpop.com (January 16, 2014). Retrieved May 27, 2014
- f(x) and Super Junior-M pick up awards at China's 'Yin Yue Feng Yun Bang Awards' Allkpop.com (April 15, 2014). Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- f(x) Krystal's intense teaser image for new album News.nate.com (June 26, 2014). Retrieved June 26, 2014.
- f(x) Tops Eight Music Charts with “Red Light” Soompi.com (July 6, 2014). Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- Krystal clarifies the dark transformation of f(x) "Even if we are not pretty..." (in Korean) Mydaily.co.kr (July 4, 2014). Retrieved July 4, 2014.
- "July 2014: Most Viewed K-Pop Videos in America & Around the World - Billboard". Billboard.
- f(x) Are K-Pop's Top Hipsters With New Single "Red Light" Fuse.tv (July 3, 2014). Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- Pitchfork - Top 20 Essential K-pop songs (Page 1) Pitchfork.com (August 2014). Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- Pitchfork - Top 20 Essential K-pop songs (Page 3) Pitchfork.com (August 2014). Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "f(x) Grabbed the First Place While Sulli Absent from the Show". Koreabizwire.com. Retrieved November 7, 2014.
- "Rumors Force Sulli To Take A Break From Performing". KDramaStars. Retrieved November 7, 2014.
- f(x)'s Sulli to take a temporary hiatus from her activities + 'Red Light' promotions revealed to have come to an end Allkpop.com (July 24, 2014). Retrieved July 27, 2014.
- Breaking: f(x) Sulli to take break from entertainment industry, f(x) to end all promotions Blog.koreaboo.com (July 2014). Retrieved July 27, 2014.
- "SM Entertainment confirms f(x)'s Amber is to make a solo debut". SBS PopAsia. November 30, 2014. Retrieved March 3, 2015.
- Jeon, Su-mi (February 6, 2015). "f(x)′s Amber Announces ′Shake that Brass′ as Title Song Feat. SNSD′s Taeyeon". enewsWorld. Retrieved March 3, 2015.
- Kim, Shin Hye (February 12, 2015). "f(x)′s Amber Personally Asked SNSD′s Taeyeon to Feature in Her New Song". Mwave. Retrieved March 2, 2015.
- "SUMMER SPECIAL Pinocchio/Hot Summer | f(x)". Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- "f(x)初の日本パッケージ!!夏の代表曲を収録したSUMMER SPECIAL盤 「SUMMER SPECIAL Pinocchio / Hot Summer」リリース決定!!" (in Japanese). Star Japanese Home. May 28, 2015. Retrieved May 29, 2015.
- "f(x)、日本で初のCDリリース！ファンが殺到したイベント写真を公開 - K-POP - 韓流・韓国芸能ニュースはKstyle". Kstyle. Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- "NOW". now.smtown.com. Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- "Without Sulli And Victoria, Will f(x) Perform As Three Members At SMTOWN LIVE In Tokyo?". Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- "InStyle Releases More Sassy Photos Of f(x)'s Victoria". Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- "f(x)’s Victoria to Start Filming "My Best Friend’s Wedding" Remake in London". Soompi. Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- "f(x)'s Victoria Updates Fans With A Photo Of Herself Taken In London On Weibo". Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- "f(x)'s Victoria Strolls Through The Streets Of London". Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- "Recently Taken Photo Of f(x)'s Sulli Surfaces Online". Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- "‘Imagine Your Korea’ with F(x) to perform at event!". United Kpop. June 25, 2015. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- "f(x) to perform in London for free!". DKPopNews. June 25, 2015. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- "f(x) hold their first official stage as a 4-member group at the '2015 London Korean Festival'". Allkpop. August 9, 2015. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- "[단독] ‘설리 탈퇴’ 에프엑스, 9월말 4집으로 ‘컴백’" (in Korean). DongAh News. August 13, 2015. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- "@fx_4walls • Instagram photos and videos".
- "f(x)'s '4 Walls An Exhibit' gallery builds up extra hype for the group's comeback!".
- "f(x) drop a ton of images for Victoria ahead of comeback!".
- "f(x) Drops Gorgeous New Comeback Teasers Featuring Victoria". Soompi.
- "Luna is the next f(x) member to drop beautiful teaser images".
- "f(x) Features Luna in Second Set of Teaser Photos". Soompi.
- "f(x)'s cutie Krystal poses with style in her teaser images".
- "f(x) Releases Comeback Teasers Featuring Krystal". Soompi.
- "f(x) Reveals Amber's Teaser Pictures for "4 Walls" Comeback - Soompi". Soompi.
- "f(x)'s Amber looks beautiful in her teaser images".
- "f(x) Return With Tropical-House Jam "Four Walls"". Fuse.
- "f(x) drops psychedelic teaser for '4 Walls'".
- "f(x) Says Love Is "4 Walls" in Comeback MV - Soompi". Soompi.
- "f(x) drops long-awaited MV for their new track '4 Walls'!".
- "f(x) sweeps both Korean and Chinese music charts with '4 Walls'". allkpop.com.
- "f(x)'s '4 Walls' reaches over 1 million views in less than a day!". allkpop.com.
- "f(x) Will Perform Their New Song "4 Walls" for the First Time on "M!Countdown" - Soompi". Soompi.
- Amino Apps. "f(x) Beats 'Gee' for 2nd High Selling First Week!".
- "f(x)". Pitchfork.
- "f(x)'s web variety program, 'f(x)=1cm' becoming a hot issue". Yahoo Entertainment Singapore. November 13, 2015.
- "f(x) is having their own reality show 'f(x)=1cm'!".
- "Tumblr Year in Review: Most Reblogged Kpop". Tumblr. Tumblr, Inc. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- "f(x) to Hold Their First Ever Solo Concert in January". Soompi.
- seckvoon. "f(x) To Hold First Japan Concert Tour Next February". hellokpop.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to F(x) (band).|
- Official website (Korean)
|Awards and achievements|
|Korean Music Awards: Group Musician of the Year
|14th Mnet Asian Music Awards - Best Female Dance Performance