Stoneywood Parkvale F.C.
|Full name||Stoneywood Parkvale Football Club|
|Ground||Clark Commercial Park
|League||SJFA North First Division (East)|
Stoneywood Parkvale Football Club are a Scottish football club from the Stoneywood area of Aberdeen. Members of the Scottish Junior Football Association, North Region, they were formed in 2016 following the amalgamation of two existing clubs, F.C. Stoneywood and Parkvale F.C.
F.C. Stoneywood were formed in 1981 after a previous club Stoneywood Works F.C. (founded 1924), merged with a local side F.C. Woodacon, who had won the Scottish Juvenile Cup in 1980. They moved from their Polo Park ground to a new build facility at Market Street in 2014. In their final season, the club finished bottom of the 2015–16 North Superleague.
Stoneywood won the following honours during their 34 years of existence:
- North Regional Cup: 1991–92, 1994–95, 1998–99, 2009–10
- North East Premier Division winners: 1984–85, 1990–91, 1991–92, 1994–95
- North East Division One winners: 1981–82
- Archibald Cup: 1990–91, 1992–93, 1996–97, 2000–01
- McLeman Cup: 1982–83, 1983–84, 1993–94
- Duthie (Acorn Heating) Cup: 1981–82, 1986–87, 1997–98
- North East League Cup: 1985–86, 1990–91, 1994–95, 1997–98
- Aberdeen Cable TV Cup: 1990–91, 1993–94, 1995–96, 1997–98
- Morrison Trophy: 1987–88, 1990–91
- Jimmy Gibb Memorial Trophy: 1990–91, 1991–92, 1994–95
Founded in 1898, Parkvale's origins are in the Kittybrewster district of Aberdeen where the team played at Central Park. The club moved on to Linksfield Stadium which they shared with fellow Junior sides, Lewis United and Mugiemoss. With a planned redevelopment of this facility lessening the number of available pitches, Parkvale moved again in 1994 to Findon Park on the outskirts of Portlethen, seven miles South of Aberdeen. This ground was the original home of another Junior side Aberdeen Bon Accord, who themselves had moved to a purpose built ground in Old Aberdeen, less than two miles from Parkvale's original Kittybrewster home. To this day, the Parkvale F.C. Supporters Social Club is situated on King Street in Aberdeen city centre. In their final season, the club finished 6th in the 2015–16 North First Division (East).
Parkvale won the following honours in the game:
- North East Premier Division winners: 1973–74
- Aberdeen & District Junior League winners: 1908–09, 1950–51
- North East Division One winners: 1982–83
- North Region Division One winners: 2004–05
- North Region Division Two winners: 2010–11
- Archibald Cup: 1926–27, 1935–36
- Duthie (Acorn Heating) Cup: 1911–12, 1978–79
- McLeman Cup: 1920–21, 1964–65, 1973–74, 1979–80
- Morrison Trophy: 1972–73, 1973–74, 1976–77, 1982–83, 1983–84
- Aberdeen & District Junior League Cup: 1933–34
- Aberdeen County Trophy: 1910–11, 1911–12
The merger was announced in May 2016 and the new club will play out of Stoneywood's Clark Commercial Park from the 2016–17 season onwards.
- McColl, Brian. "Juvenile Leagues". Scottish Football Historical Archive. Retrieved 18 June 2016.
- Holme, Ben. "Drainage problem for new FC Stoneywood pitch". Pressreader.com. Evening Express. Retrieved 18 June 2016.
- Allan, Charlie (27 May 2016). "Two Junior sides from the North East join forces". Evening Express. Retrieved 18 June 2016.
|This article about a Scottish football club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|