F.I.R. (TV series)
||This article consists almost entirely of a plot summary. It should be expanded to provide more balanced coverage that includes real-world context. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Created by||SAB Creative Team|
|Theme music composer||Gaurav Vaswani|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||1,323|
|Executive producer(s)||Sayed Khan Ahemad|
|Running time||Approx. 22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Edit 2 Productions|
|Original network||SAB TV|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||31 July 2006 – 23 January 2015|
F.I.R. is an Indian television sitcom that aired from 31 July 2006 to 23 January 2015, on SAB TV. The show was produced by Edit 2 Productions . It was nominated for the Best Sitcom category at the Indian Telly Awards in 2009. It again telecast its old episodes on Sab TV from 3 April 2017. The sitcom was set in a police station.
F.I.R. is a situational comedy serial centered on a Haryanvi female police officer named Chandramukhi Chautala and her three subordinates, Head Constable Gopinath Gandothra, Constable Mulayam Singh Gulgule and Constable Billu. The show depicted their lives as they try to solve every case which comes to Imaan Chowki.
New cases come to the police station in every episode. An individual or a group come with a complaint or a problem. The problem generally has nothing to do with police. It may be a case of love, divorce, snoring, or bad cooking. Chandramukhi Chautala and her constables solve the case successfully though the case has nothing to do with their official duties as police officers.
The show took a 20-year leap when Kavita Kaushik, who played the lead role, departed from the show and introduced Chitrashi Rawat as Chandramukhi's daughter, Jwalamukhi Chautala, who reveals that Chandramukhi married Bajrang Pandey. The changes were reverted on 8 July 2013 and the incidents occurring in the 20 year leap were converted into constable Gopi's dream and the show then continued along with Chandramukhi Chautala's return.
After the show returns to normal, Chandramukhi faces many problems and tries to solve all cases. Also her love interests are introduced, first Bhola Pandit and then her old love Bajrang Pandey. She is also shown blowing a whistle and controlling the traffic in some scenes.
- Kavita Kaushik as Inspector Chandramukhi Chautala
- Aamir Ali as Chief Inspector Bajrang Pandey
- Gopi Bhalla as Head Constable Gopinath Gandotra
- Kiku Sharda as Constable Mulayam Singh Gulgule
- Sandeep Anand as Constable Billu (Also as a victim and a villain in older episodes)
- Suresh Chatwal as Commissioner Suraj Agnihotri
- Shekhar Shukla as Victim (Various characters)
- Manju Brijnandan Sharma as Victim's relative (Various characters)
- Naveen Bawa as Villain (Various characters)
- Vaibah Mathur as Victims (Various characters)
- Sapna Sikarwar as Victim's relative (Various characters)
- Mahika Sharma as Victim
- Umesh Bajpai as Villain (Various characters)
- Yogesh Tripathi as Villain (Various characters)
- Deepesh Bhan as Villain (Various Characters)
- Vipul Roy as Senior Inspector Bhola Pandit (2013–2014)
- Ali Asgar as Senior Inspector Raj Aaryan (2009–2011)
- Shiv Pandit as Chief Inspector Hanuman Prasad Pandey Aka Makkhan Singh (2006–2008)
- Bharti Singh as Superindendent Kamsin Aaha (2012)
- Garima Ajmani as Kokila Shah
- Divyaalakshmi as Jokila Shah
- Anup Upadhyay as Various Characters
- Amit Bhatt as Various Characters
- Elena Lukienko as Various Characters
- Mohit Mattu as Constable Carryon Gandotra (2013)
- Nirmal Soni as Constable Malpua Gulgule (2013)
- Chitrashi Rawat as Inspector Jwalamukhi Chautala (2013)
- Dolly Bindra
- Dilip Joshi as various characters
- Karan Grover as Karan
- Juhi Parmar as Meera Malhotra
- Bharti Singh as SP Kamsin Aaha
- Rakesh Bedi as various characters
- Kamya Punjabi as Bhanu Mitra
- "Popular Actor in a Comic Role (Female)". indiantelevision.com.
- "A space you must visit to experience an amusing and entertaining comedy". sabtv.com.
- Chandramukhi encounters ghost. Times of India. November 26, 2014
- Chandramukhi Chautala’s F.I.R. completes 8 years on TV. Times of India. August 1, 2014.
- F.I.R: Wedding bells for Chandramukhi?. Times of India. October 9, 2014.
- FIR will see Inspector Chandramukhi Chautala in a bad mood?. Times of India. August 31, 2014.
- FIR: Chandramukhi Chautala turns traffic cop. Times of India. June 6, 2014
- Kavita Kaushik back on F.I.R.. NDTV India. June 28, 2013.
- Kavita Kaushik back as Chandramukhi Chautala on F.I.R.! - चंद्रमुखी चौटाला करेंगी 'FIR' में वापसी! - Amar Ujala. Amar Ujala. 2013.