F. H. Townsend
Frederick Henry Townsend (1868–1920) was a British illustrator and cartoonist. He illustrated the second edition of Charlotte Brontë's 1847 novel Jane Eyre, A Child's History of England and Gryll Grange, and Nathaniel Hawthorne's House of the Seven Gables in 1902. Also an edition (1907) of Kipling's The Brushwood Boy and the 1913 edition of Arthur Conan Doyle's The Sign of Four. Townsend also contributed cartoons to Punch.
- gutenberg.org. Retrieved 16 November 2008
- Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 150, June 28th, 1916, by Various. 1916. p. 431.
- Media related to F. H. Townsend at Wikimedia Commons
- Townsend's Illustrations from Punch in HeidICON
- Works by Frederick Henry Townsend at Project Gutenberg
- Works by or about F. H. Townsend at Internet Archive
- F. H. Townsend at Library of Congress Authorities, with 13 catalogue records
|This article about an illustrator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|