F. W. Meacham
Meacham was born in Brooklyn, New York. His most famous work is American Patrol (1885), a popular march. Written originally for piano, it was then arranged for wind band and published by Carl Fischer in 1891. It was later arranged for Glenn Miller's swing band by Jerry Gray, and was also arranged by composer Morton Gould.
Meacham lived in New York City for much of his life. Many of his works were military marches, tribute pieces, and early ragtime works. He died in New York City of pneumonia and is buried in the Albany Rural Cemetery in Menands, New York.
- Meacham, F. W. American Patrol (1885)
- Meacham, F. W. Dance of the fairies: polka rondo. New York: Willis, Woodward & Co, 1886. OCLC 26320987
- Meacham, F. W. Grand fantasia on the famous theme of the mocking bird. New York: De Luxe Music Co, 1905. OCLC 613714363
- Meacham, F. W. Marching Through Georgia. New York: De Luxe Music Co, 1908. OCLC 43301402
- Meacham, F. W., and Stephen Collins Foster. Old black Joe: Foster's original theme with variations. New York: Century Music Pub, 1904. OCLC 21326000
- Meacham, F. W., and Stephen Collins Foster. Old folks at home: way down upon the Suanee River. New York (Broadway and 37th St., New York): Conservatory Publication Society, 1904. OCLC 22162245
- Meacham, F. W. Shooting the Chutes: Medley Lancers for Piano. New York: Howley, Haviland & Dresser, 1903. OCLC 497043216
- Burke, Joe, Edgar Leslie, and F. W. Meacham. We Must Be Vigilant. New York: Bregman, Vocco and Conn, Inc, 1942. OCLC 99629524
- Meacham, F. W. Yankee patrol: (two-step). New York: Brooks & Denton, 1904. OCLC 794980415
- Ancestry.com. Menands, New York, Albany Rural Cemetery Burial Cards, 1791-2011 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011.
- Year: 1880; Census Place: Brooklyn, Kings, New York; Roll: 840; Family History Film: 1254840; Page: 192A; Enumeration District: 009; Image: 0637.
- Death Certificate no. 36924 for 1909, New York County, Municipal Archives of the City of New York, 32 Chambers Street, Room 103, New York City
- Basic biography
- Program Notes, Brevard Community Band, 1996 Pops Concert
- "Perfessor" Bill Edwards' Ragtime Music Site
- American Patrol (Scorch version)
|This article on a United States composer born in the 19th century is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|