F. W. Woolworth Building (Lexington, Kentucky)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
F. W. Woolworth Building
|Location||106 Main St., Lexington, Kentucky|
|Architect||Frederick W. Garber|
|Architectural style||Art Deco|
|NRHP reference No.||02000924|
|Added to NRHP||2002-09-06|
The Woolworth, F.W., Building was a historic department store building located in Lexington, Kentucky, that served as a retail location for the F. W. Woolworth Company from 1946 to 1990. It was designed by Frederick W. Garber.
- Greensboro sit-ins
- Laurel Homes, also by architect Frederick W. Garber
- Historic Woolworth's in Wilmington, Delaware
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Fayette County, Kentucky
- Ku, Michelle (2002-09-21). "Historic Woolworth Building in Lexington, Ky., to Become a Parking Lot". Lexington Herald-Leader.
- "Downtown Lexington's Next Loss: Woolworth's". Preservation Magazine. August 2004. Archived from the original on 2014-06-28. Retrieved 2009-03-07. Cite journal requires