F1 Grand Prix (2005 video game)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|F1 Grand Prix|
|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Engine||WRC (PSP variant)|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, Multiplayer (WiFi)|
F1 Grand Prix is the first of Sony's two Formula One games released on the PlayStation Portable. It was released in Europe on 1 September 2005 and was developed by Traveller's Tales. It features the official drivers and circuits from the 2005 Formula One season.
- Quick Race is where the player can set up a random race with random settings from the Game.
- Events is where the player can choose from Time Attack, Single Grand Prix (Which has to be unlocked) or Scenario Mode (a list of scenarios vital for unlocking extras).
- World Championship allows the player to play the full 2005 FIA Formula One World Championship
- Multiplayer is WiFi gaming with 2 to 8 players.
- TV Mode Race allows the player to watch a single race as if it were on television.
Teams and drivers
The game featured the initial driver line ups for the 2005 Formula One season, substitute drivers Pedro de la Rosa, Anthony Davidson, Alexander Wurz, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Ricardo Zonta, Antônio Pizzonia and Robert Doornbos, although all driving in FIA Formula One Races during the 2005 season, were not included in the game.
The game features all the circuits used in the 2005 F1 season.
- There are 19 Unlockable tracks, which are Mirrors of the Original Tracks
- There are 5 Unlockable Classic Cars
- There is an invisible car, unlocked after driving off the course in the German Grand Prix.
- The first official download pack for F1 Grand Prix entitled "Stats Pack And Bonus Car" includes the full grid line ups from the first 16 Grand Prix of 2005, excluding Brazil, Japan and China. It also allows the player to unlock the Lotus 25 Classic Car.
- The three missing grids have now been created (unofficially) and are available for download from The PSP Vault.
Featured in-game music tracks
- Doorman by Stereophonics
Official download pack
The official download pack, along with the download from "The PSP Vault", have been taken down and are no longer available. This means players cannot unlock the Lotus 25 and that the most they will be able to achieve in F1 Grand Prix is 80% Cars and 100% Tracks. It should be noted that the data for the Lotus is already in the game; the download pack merely allows the player to unlock it. If a player desires to drive the Lotus 25, Gamefaqs.com currently has 2 Sony PSP game saves that have the Lotus 25 unlocked; however, because this game will not allow the player to change the profile name once it has been created, they must play as either "Jake" or "Karl".