|Headquarters||Carrollton, Texas, U.S.|
Number of locations
|Products||Signs, graphics, decals, displays, and visual communications|
|Owner||Levine Leichtman Capital Partners|
Fastsigns (trademarked in all-capitals as FASTSIGNS) is the franchisor of Fastsigns centers which provide a full range of custom sign and graphics products to companies and individuals who want to outsource their signage needs.
There are currently over 650 FASTSIGNS locations worldwide in United States, Canada, the U.K., the Cayman Islands, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Australia (where centers operate under the name Signwave). Countries where the company formerly had locations but no longer operates include Colombia (from which it withdrew in 1996) and Argentina.
Fastsigns was founded in Austin in 1985 by Gary Salomon and Bob Schanbaum. The first franchise was sold in December 1986, with its first international franchise sold in 1991. The company was bought in October 2003 by Roark Capital Group, an Atlanta-based private equity firm. In 2009, former president of PIP Printing, Catherine Monson, was named CEO of Fastsigns. In July 2014, Fastsigns was acquired by Levine Leichtman Capital Partners, a Los Angeles-based investment firm.
The creation and growth of Fastsigns was profiled in a case study in the textbook Managing: A Competency-Based Approach.
Fastsigns makes custom banners, large format inkjet signs, vehicle graphics, decals, QR codes, mobile websites, architectural site signs, digital signs, point of purchase exhibits and displays. They also provide in-house custom design services and consultation, delivery, and installation.
In Pop Culture
Fastsign’s CEO Catherine Monson was featured on the hit reality show Undercover Boss (U.S. TV series) in May 2012, which included visits to several Fastsigns franchises across the U.S. Monson stepped into the shoes of employees, working alongside franchise owners to perform site surveys, make signs in a production center, apply vehicle graphics, and install high-rise signs from a crane.
- Dallas Business Journal (2003-10-02). "Atlanta private equity group buys Fastsigns". Dallas Business Journal. Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- Barbie Pressly (2003-10-02). "Roark Capital Group Acquires FASTSIGNS International, Inc." (PDF). Roark Capital Group. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-10-08. Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- "Fastsigns to open first franchise in Saudi Arabia". outputmagazine.com. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- Tahmincioglu, Eve (2004-02-12). "It's Not Only the Giants with Franchises Abroad". The New York Times. Retrieved 23 April 2011.
- Atlanta Business Chronicle (2003-05-30). "Roark Capital scoops up Pike Nurseries". Atlanta Business Chronicle. Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- Audra London (2008-10-18). "FASTSIGNS® Names Catherine Monson CEO". Marketwire. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
- Franchiseinfo.com (2003-10-02). "FASTSIGNS® Names Catherine Monson CEO". Franchiseinfo.com. Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- "Levine Leichtman Partners With Management to Acquire FASTSIGNS International, Inc.". Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- Hellriegel, Don; Susan E. Jackson; John W. Slocum, Jr. (2008). Managing: A Competency-Based Approach (11th ed.). Mason, Ohio: Thomson South-Western. p. 210. ISBN 0-324-54375-1. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Staff, AOL. "'Undercover Boss': Fastsigns International CEO Admits She's A Workaholic". AOL.com. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- FASTSIGNS.com (2012-03-06). "FASTSIGNS CEO Catherine Monson 'Uncovers' Keys to Franchise Company Evolution through "Undercover Boss" Adventure". Retrieved 2012-05-08.