Malaysia FA Cup
|Number of teams||37 (from 2017)|
|Most successful club(s)||Selangor
|Television broadcasters||Media Prima|
|2017 Malaysia FA Cup|
The Malaysia FA Cup (Malay: Piala FA) is an annual national knock–out football tournament in Malaysia. The cup was first held in 1990. The competition was previously managed by Football Association of Malaysia (FAM) before it was transferred to Football Malaysia LLP (FMLLP) in 2016 season.
The cup competed among the clubs from Liga Super, Liga Premier and Liga FAM. The first round will be played between the clubs qualified from the Liga FAM and the winners will advanced to the second round and joined the rest of the clubs.
In 2016, FMLLP has taken over the management of the competition from Football Association of Malaysia (FAM). For 2016 season, there will be 32 teams competing in the tournament with 12 teams each from Liga Super and Liga Premier while the other 8 teams will be decided with a play-off within Malaysia FAM League teams.
Since the inception of the league in 1990, numerous logo has been introduced for the cup to reflect the sponsorship purpose. Dunhill was the title sponsor for the competition until the agreement was ended at the end of 2004 season as tobacco advertising was banned in the country. From 2005 to 2010, the Piala FA incorporated the TM brand as part of its logo as the title sponsor. After the end of TM sponsorship for seven consecutive years, FAM has been partnering with Astro Media as strategic partner for Malaysian League starting in 2011 season. In 2012, FAM introduced a new logo which has been used from 2012 until the end of 2015 season. For 2016 season a new logo was introduced as part of the takeover of the league by FMLLP. Superbest Power has become the title sponsor for the tournament for 2016 season. For 2017 season, FMLLP has introduced a new logo without the title sponsor.
The logo which has been used from 2005 until the end of 2010 season.
The logo used for 2016 season.
The logo used for 2017 season.
|1999||Kuala Lumpur||Terengganu||0–0 (5–3 pen.)|
|2000||Terengganu||Pulau Pinang||1–1 (4–3 pen.)|
|2006||Pahang||Perlis||0–0 (4–2 pen.)|
|2007||Kedah||Perlis||0–0 (4–2 pen.)|
|2009||Selangor||Kelantan||1–1 (4–1 pen.)|
|2010||Negeri Sembilan||Kedah||1–1 (5–4 pen.)|
|2013||Kelantan||Johor Darul Ta'zim||1–0|
|2016||Johor Darul Ta'zim||PKNS||2–1|
Performance by clubs
|12||Johor Darul Ta'zim||1||1|
- http://www.rsssf.com/tablesm/malaycuphist.html Malaya Cup Winners History
- http://footballmalaysia.com/portal/index.php/league/fa-cup/ Piala FA
- Oleh Mohamad Zulfaizan Mansor. "Tiada pasukan dapat 'bye' undian Piala FA | Sukan | Berita Harian". Bharian.com.my. Retrieved 2016-01-05.
- http://ww1.utusan.com.my/utusan/info.asp?y=2004&dt=1023&pub=Utusan_Malaysia&sec=Sukan&pg=su_01.htm Negeri terhimpit
- http://ww1.utusan.com.my/utusan/info.asp?y=2011&dt=0103&pub=Utusan_Malaysia&sec=Sukan&pg=su_02.htm Liga M dapat tajaan lumayan RM220 juta
- http://www.kosmo.com.my/kosmo/content.asp?y=2011&dt=0122&pub=Kosmo&sec=Sukan&pg=su_04.htm Logo baru Liga M dilancar Rabu
- http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v8/ge/newsgeneral.php?id=1205686 Superbest Power To Sponsor 2016 Piala FA
- http://www.campaignasia.com/Article/405082,Malaysia+FA+Cup+2016+kicks+off+with+Superbest+Power+title+sponsorship.aspx Piala FA 2016 kicks off with Superbest Power title sponsorship
- Fujioka, Atsushi; Garin, Erik; Jönsson, Mikael; Schöggl, Hans (18 September 2014). "Malaysia – List of Cup Winners". Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. Retrieved 31 October 2014.