FBI Information and Technology Branch
|Federal Bureau of Investigation|
|Common name||Federal Bureau of Investigation|
|Seal of the Federal Bureau of Investigation|
The Information and Technology Branch (ITB) is a service within the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The ITB is responsible for all FBI information technology needs and information management. ITB also promotes and facilitates the creation, sharing, and application of FBI knowledge products with the larger law enforcement community in order to improve overall nationwide crime fighting effectiveness.
Headed by an FBI Executive Assistant Director, the ITB is responsible to the FBI Director through the Associate Director. As a unit of the FBI (which is a division of the United States Department of Justice), the ITB is ultimately responsible to the Attorney General of the United States.
The current Acting ITB Executive Assistant Director is Dean E. Hall, who is the ITB's Associate Executive Director / Deputy Chief Information Officer. The ITB Executive Assistant Director serves as the Chief Information Officer of the FBI.
The STB was formed by the unification of the FBI's various scientific investigation and support units.
- FBI Information Technology Services Division
- Office of the FBI Chief Knowledge Officer
- FBI Information Technology Engineering Division
- FBI Information Technology Management Division
- "Quick Facts". Federal Bureau of Investigation. Retrieved 2014-12-17.
- Dean E. Hall – Associate Executive Assistant Director and Deputy Chief Information Officer, FBI National Press Office, 2012-06-22
|This United States government–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This crime-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|