FBI Information and Technology Branch
|Federal Bureau of Investigation|
Badge of the Federal Bureau of Investigation
|Common name||Federal Bureau of Investigation|
|Motto||Fidelity, Bravery, Integrity|
|Formed||July 26, 1908|
|Employees||35,104 (October 31, 2014)|
|Annual budget||US$8.3 billion (FY 2014)|
|Operations jurisdiction||United States|
|Legal jurisdiction||As per operations jurisdiction|
|Governing body||U.S. Department of Justice|
|Headquarters||J. Edgar Hoover Building|
Northwest, Washington, D.C.
|Sworn members||13,260 (October 31, 2014)|
|Unsworn members||18,306 (October 31, 2014)|
|Field offices||56 (List of FBI Field Offices)|
The Information and Technology Branch (ITB) is a service within the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The ITB is responsible for all FBI information technology needs and information management. ITB also promotes and facilitates the creation, sharing, and application of FBI knowledge products with the larger law enforcement community in order to improve overall nationwide crime fighting effectiveness.
Headed by an FBI Executive Assistant Director, the ITB is responsible to the FBI Director through the Associate Director. As a unit of the FBI (which is a division of the United States Department of Justice), the ITB is ultimately responsible to the Attorney General of the United States.
The current Acting ITB Executive Assistant Director is James Turgal, who is the ITB's Associate Executive Director, replacing Dean Hall.  The ITB Executive Assistant Director previously served as the Chief Information Officer of the FBI, but the job of Chief Information Officer is currently filled by Dr. Gordon Bitko.
The Information and Technology Branch is formed by three Divisions.
- FBI Information Technology Enterprise Service Division headed since July 2016 by Tracey North.
- FBI Information Technology Application & Data Division headed since July 2016 by Jeremy Wiltz
- FBI Information Technology Infrastructure Division headed since July 2016 by W.L. Scott Bean, III
- "Frequently Asked Questions". Federal Bureau of Investigation. Retrieved 2016-09-02.
- Dean E. Hall – Associate Executive Assistant Director and Deputy Chief Information Officer Archived 2016-03-13 at the Wayback Machine., FBI National Press Office, 2012-06-22
|This United States government–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This crime-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|