|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (April 2012)|
In computing, the FC-HBA API (also called the SNIA Common HBA API) is an Application Programming Interface for Host Bus Adapters connecting computers to hard disks via a Fibre Channel network. It was developed by the Storage Networking Industry Association and published by the T11.5 committee of INCITS An "early implementers version" was published in 2000, and the current version was completed in 2002.
According to the FAQ, "the HBA API has been overwhelmingly adopted by Storage Area Network vendors to help manage, monitor, and deploy storage area networks in an interoperable way." Vendors supply their own library (written in C) as plugins for a common HBA library.
Operating system support
Windows Server 2003, AIX 5,HPUX and Solaris include support for FC-HBA API and it is being added to Linux.
- "HBA APIs (Host Bus Adapter Application Programming Interface)". Project page. Storage Networking Industry Association.
- "FC-HBA". Project page. INCITS Technical Committee T11.
- Benjamin F. Kuo; Dixon Hutchinson (January 30, 2002). "HBA API FAQ".
- Section 2 of the specification.
- The Common HBA API specification Version 2.18
- The Fibre Channel HBA API Project at SourceForge
- AIX 5L Differences Guide (see section 4.10)
|This Microsoft Windows software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Linux-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|