FC Augsburg II
|League||Regionalliga Bayern (IV)|
The team, which has never played above the fourth tier, had its greatest success in 1977, when it won the local Schwaben Cup, qualified for the German Cup and reached the third round of the competition, going out to Hertha BSC Berlin.
The side plays as an under-23 team.
The club's reserve side can trace its roots back to the pre-merger BC Augsburg Amateure, which had its greatest success when it played for a season in the southern division of the Amateurliga Bayern in 1962–63. A sixth place there allowed the side to qualify for the unified Bavarian league the following year but, along with the decline of the senior team, the reserve side got relegated too, finishing 17th.
In the post-merger era, the team disappeared into the lower amateur leagues after that but returned to the Landesliga Bayern-Süd in 1976, finishing runners-up in the league in its first season, now as FC Augsburg Amateure. By 1978 however, the side was relegated again, not to return to this level for a quarter of a decade. It did however take out the Schwaben Cup in 1977 and qualified for the first round of the 1977–78 German Cup. After away victories over second division side Arminia Hannover and fellow amateur club 1. FC Normannia Gmünd in the first two rounds, the team reached the third round, where it lost 0–4 to Hertha BSC Berlin. Incidentally, the senior team was knocked out in the same round, too, losing to TSV 1860 München.
After 2004 the side once more played in the Landesliga Bayern-Süd again, generally achieving good results but not managing another promotion, with a second place in 2012 as its best result. The team was one of two clubs in the league to apply for a licence in the new tier four Regionalliga Bayern. Taking part in the promotion play-off, FCA II advance past Bayernliga clubs SB/DJK Rosenheim and FC Schweinfurt 05 to play in the Regionalliga from 2012. The club was thereby also able to win promotion from the sixth tier to the fourth without playing in the fifth.
In the 2012–13 season the club had to struggle against relegation all season and beyond, having to defend its league place in the relegation round with the Bayernliga runners-up. In a two-leg play-off against BC Aichach FCA II defended its league place with an aggregate score of 5–2. The following season was much more successful for the team, finishing fourth in the Regionalliga. After two better seasons with a fourth place in 2014 as its best result Augsburg had to enter the relegation play-off once more in 2015–16 but successfully defended its league place against TSV 1860 Rosenheim.
- As of 7 November 2015 
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
The team's honours:
Recent managers of the club:
|Roland Bahl||1 July 2004||31 December 2006|
|Thomas Tuchel||1 January 2007||30 June 2008|
|Roland Bahl||1 July 2008||30 June 2012|
|Dieter Märkle||1 July 2012||30 June 2015|
|Tobias Luderschmid||1 July 2015||10 November 2015|
|Manuel Baum||11 November 2015||31 December 2015|
|Christian Wörns||1 January 2016||Present|
|2002–03||Bezirksliga Schwaben-Süd||VII||1st ↑|
|2003–04||Bezirksoberliga Schwaben||VI||1st ↑|
|2011–12||Landesliga Bayern-Süd||2nd ↑|
- With the introduction of the Bezirksoberligas in 1988 as the new fifth tier, below the Landesligas, all leagues below dropped one tier. With the introduction of the Regionalligas in 1994 and the 3. Liga in 2008 as the new third tier, below the 2. Bundesliga, all leagues below dropped one tier. With the establishment of the Regionalliga Bayern as the new fourth tier in Bavaria in 2012 the Bayernliga was split into a northern and a southern division, the number of Landesligas expanded from three to five and the Bezirksoberligas abolished. All leagues from the Bezirksligas onwards were elevated one tier.
|↑ Promoted||↓ Relegated|
DFB Cup appearances
The team has qualified for the first round of the German Cup just once:
|1977–78 DFB-Pokal||First round||29 June 1977||Arminia Hannover||FC Augsburg Amateure||0–1||2,200|
|Second round||20 August 1977||1. FC Normannia Gmünd||FC Augsburg Amateure||1–2||2,500|
|Third round||14 October 1977||FC Augsburg Amateure||Hertha BSC||0–4||4,000|
- Jugend (German) FC Augsburg website, accessed: 16 July 2011
- Die Bayernliga 1945–97, p. 55
- Die Bayernliga 1945–97, p. 99
- kicker Almanach 1999, p. 207-208
- BOL Schwaben tables and results (German) Manfreds Fussball Archiv, accessed: 16 July 2011
- Das war die Relegation 2012 auf Verbandsebene (German) fupa.net, published: 7 June 2012, accessed 8 June 2012
- So läuft die Relegation 2013 auf Verbandsebene (German) fupa.net, accessed: 2 June 2013
- Regionalliga Bayern table 2013–14 kicker.de, accessed: 16 June 2014
- FC Augsburg 2. Mannschaft, Herren, Fupa
- FC Augsburg II .:. Trainer von A-Z (German) weltfussball.de, accessed: 3 June 2013
- Das deutsche Fußball-Archiv (German) Historical German domestic league tables, accessed: 24 September 2014
- Fussball.de – Ergebnisse (German) Tables and results of all German football leagues, accessed: 24 September 2014
- DFB-Pokal 1977/1978 .:. Spielplan Weltfussball.de, accessed: 16 July 2011
- Spielstatistik Arminia Hannover – FC Augsburg II 1977–78 DFB-Pokal (German) Fussballdaten.de, accessed: 17 July 2011
- Spielstatistik 1. FC Normannia Gmünd – FC Augsburg II 1977–78 DFB-Pokal (German) Fussballdaten.de, accessed: 17 July 2011
- Spielstatistik FC Augsburg II – Hertha BSC 1977–78 DFB-Pokal (German) Fussballdaten.de, accessed: 17 July 2011
- Grüne, Hardy (2001). (German) Vereinslexikon. Kassel: AGON Sportverlag ISBN 3-89784-147-9
- Die Bayernliga 1945–97 (German) DSFS, published: 1998
- Horst Eckert, Werner Klinger (2007) (German) Augsburger Fussball-Geschichte. ISBN 3-938332-08-5