FC JAX Destroyers
|Full name||FC JAX Destroyers|
|Stadium||D. B. Milne Field
|Head Coach||Aidan Davison|
|League||USL Premier Development League|
FC JAX Destroyers were an American soccer team based in Jacksonville, Florida, United States from 2011 to 2012. The organization had men's and women's franchises in the United Soccer Leagues: a men's team in the USL Premier Development League (PDL) and a women's team in the W-League that launched in 2012. They played their home games at the Jacksonville University soccer field.
The team was founded in 2010 by FC JAX Soccer to fill a gap in organized men's and women's soccer in Jacksonville. The organization was officially announced on April 21, 2011 with plans for men's and women's franchises in the United Soccer Leagues, both playing under the FC JAX Destroyers name.
The men's team played from 2011–2012 in the USL Premier Development League, the fourth tier of soccer in the United States and Canada, in the Southeast Division of the Southern Conference. They played their home games at the newly renovated soccer field at Jacksonville University. Their first competitive game was on May 13, 2011, a 3–1 loss to Mississippi Brilla. The first goal in franchise history was an own goal scored by Mississippi's Thomas Shannon; the first JAX player to score a goal was Isaac Kinman, in a 2–0 victory over the Nashville Metros two days later.
The women's team played in the W-League, the second tier of women's soccer in the American Soccer Pyramid, in the 2012 season. Their first game was on May 19. However, FC Jax Destroyers withdrew from the United Soccer Leagues before the 2013 season.
|Year||Division||League||Regular Season||Playoffs||Open Cup|
|2011||4||USL PDL||4th, Southeast||Did not qualify||Did not qualify|
- Aidan Davison (July 2011 – 2012)
- Eric Dutt (April 2011 – June 2011)
- Marc Osterberger  Women's coach (March 2012 – July 2012)
- FC JAX Announces New PDL Team
- "FC JAX Soccer Appoints 2011 Men's Head Coach". jaxdestroyers.com. Archived from the original on August 18, 2011. Retrieved April 18, 2011.
- Ashley Gurbal (April 14, 2011). "New Jax soccer team will play at JU". Jacksonville Business Journal. Retrieved April 18, 2011.
- Jeff Elliott (April 19, 2011). "Team in men's soccer developmental league will play home games at JU". The Florida Times-Union. Retrieved April 19, 2011.
- "PDL Regular Season Schedule Released". uslsoccer.com. United Soccer Leagues. February 17, 2011. Archived from the original on August 18, 2012. Retrieved February 22, 2011.
- "Teams". uslsoccer.com. February 18, 2011. Retrieved February 22, 2011.
- "W-League Announces 2012 Schedule". soccernation.com. February 15, 2012. Archived from the original on February 25, 2012. Retrieved March 5, 2012.
- "FC JAX Destroyers". wleague.uslsoccer.com. W-League. 2012. Archived from the original on May 30, 2012. Retrieved March 5, 2012.
- "Vancouver Whitecaps not back for 2013 season". socceramerica.com. Soccer America. January 28, 2013. Retrieved February 18, 2013.
- Web.com FC JAX Destroyers Name New Head Coach
- FC Jax Soccer appoints 2011 Men’s Head Coach