FC Mordovia Saransk
|Full name||Футбольный клуб Мордовия Саранск
(Football Club Mordovia Saransk)
|League||Russian National Football League|
|2012–13||Russian Premier League, 15th (relegated)|
|Website||Club home page|
FC Mordovia Saransk (Russian: ФК Мордовия Саранск) is a Russian association football club from Saransk, Republic of Mordovia. In its current state it was formed in 2005, through the merge of Biokhimik-Mordovia and Lisma-Mordovia.
In 2010, the club won promotion to the Russian First Division. On 8 May 2012 Mordovia beat Shinnik Yaroslavl 2-0 at home. This result meant that with a round to spare the team won promotion to the Russian Premier League for the 2012–13 season for the first time in its history.
Team name history
- Stroitel Saransk (1961)
- Spartak Saransk (1962-71)
- Elektrosvet Saransk (1972-79)
- Svetotekhnika Saransk (1980-02)
- Lisma-Mordovia Saransk (2003-04)
- Mordovia Saransk (2005-) (merged with Biokhimik-Mordovia).
As of February 24, 2014, according to the FNL website.
Note: Flags indicate national team as has been defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Had international caps for their respective countries. Players whose name is listed in bold represented their countries while playing for Mordovia.
- Yuri Utkin (March 2005–Dec 2008)
- Fyodor Shcherbachenko (Jan 2009–Nov 2012)
- Vladimir Bibikov (caretaker) (Nov 2012–Dec 2012)
- Dorinel Munteanu (Dec 2012–Jul 2013)
- Yuriy Maksymov (Jul 2013–)