FC de Onda al Grao de Castellon y Villareal-Puerto de Burriana
The FC de Onda al Grao de Castellon y Villareal-Puerto de Burriana was a Spanish 750 mm (2 ft 5 1⁄2 in) gauge narrow gauge railway that operated over 43 kilometres of track between 1888 and 1963, when the system closed. Opening dates of the various sections are as follows:
Main line 29 km
- Grao de Castellon - Casellon de la Plana 1888-1963.
- Casellon de la plana - Vilarreal 1889-1963.
- Villarreal - Onda 1890-1963.
Branch line 14 km.
- Vilarreal - Burriana 1907-1956, reopened 1960-1963.
- Burriana - Grao de Burriana 1907-1936.
- Burriana - Porto de Burriana 1948-1956.
At closure the railway had 12 steam locomotives of 0-6-0T and 0-6-2T types, 35 passenger cars and 172 freight cars.
- Morley, J. & P.G. Spencer, Locomotives & Railcars of the Spanish Narrow Gauge Public Railways, London, 1995, Industrial Railway Society
|This Spanish railway-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|