The FEBS Journal
|Biochemische Zeitschrift, European Journal of Biochemistry|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Edited by||Seamus Martin|
The FEBS Journal is a biweekly peer-reviewed scientific journal published by Wiley on behalf of the Federation of European Biochemical Societies. Before 2005, the journal was known as the European Journal of Biochemistry, which itself was a new name for the Biochemische Zeitschrift that was adopted in 1967. It covers research on all aspects of biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, and the molecular bases of disease.
The journal was established in 1906 by Carl Neuberg who also served as the first editor-in-chief. The journal is currently edited by Seamus Martin (Trinity College Dublin) who took over from Richard Perham (University of Cambridge) in 2014.
Content is available for free 1 year after publication, except reviews which are available immediately. The journal also publishes special and virtual issues focusing on a specific theme.
The journal gives a yearly award - 'The FEBS Journal Richard Perham Prize for Young Scientists' to a young scientist publishing "the best research article" in the journal. The winner gets a €1,000 cash prize and is invited to give a talk at the Annual Federation of European Biochemical Societies meeting. The journal also gives more frequent poster prize awards at conferences.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Academic Search Elite
- Biochemistry & Biophysics Citation Index
- Biological Abstracts
- BIOSIS Previews
- CAB Abstracts
- CAB HEALTH
- CAB Direct
- CAS Chemical Abstracts Service
- CSA Biological Sciences Database
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database
- CSA Microbiology Databases
- CSA Virology and AIDS Abstracts
- Current Contents
- Embase/Excerpta Medica
- Food Science & Technology Abstracts
- International Bibliographic Information on Dietary Supplements
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed
- International Nuclear Information System Database
- Neurosciences Abstracts
- Science Citation Index
According to the Journal Citation Reports The FEBS Journal has a 2015 impact factor of 4.237, ranking it within the top quartile, 72nd out of 289 journals in the category "Biochemistry & Molecular Biology".
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Biochemistry & Molecular Biology". 2015 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2016.