From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
FF ( Ferguson Formula) Developments Limited (FFD) was a British company founded by Major A.P.R. (Tony) Rolt to exploit 4WD technology, Rolt had worked as Technical Director at Harry Ferguson Research for many years.
- Jaguar - FFD designed and developed the AWD system used on the Jaguar XJ220 220 mph supercar prototype which was shown for the first time at the 1988 British International Motor Show.
- General Motors - FFD designed and developed the AWD system used on the 1990 Chevrolet Astro/GMC Safari van.
- McLaren Cars - FFD manufactured the transmission system for the McLaren F1 supercar.
- "Decembers Past 2001: 30 Years ago: December 1971". Classic Driver.
- "No giant here - FF Developments Ltd - company profile". Ward's Auto World. Dec 1989.[dead link]
- "Chairman's profile: Stuart Rolt". the British Racing Drivers' Club.