Karl-Peter Pfeiffer (Rector / Managing Director)Günter Riegler (Commercial Director)
|Location||Graz, Kapfenberg, Bad Gleichenberg, Austria|
FH Joanneum is one of the largest Universities of Applied Sciences in Austria. It has about 4,000 students and about 578 employees. The main campus is located in Graz, while there are two other locations in Kapfenberg and Bad Gleichenberg. All three are situated in the province of Styria, Austria.
FH Joanneum offers 45 degree programs in a variety of areas including business, technology, design, media, architecture, health and social services. The programmes are practice-oriented, project-based and interdisciplinary.
FH Joanneum was established in 1995. In 2001 the campus in Bad Gleichenberg started to offer health related degree programmes.
The FH Joanneum offers 45 bachelor's and master's degree programs and seven postgraduate courses at six departments and 25 institutes. The six departments are:
- Applied computer science
- Health studies
- Building, Energy & Society
- Media & Design
In addition to broad-based programs, there are courses with specialized focus, such as "Energy, Transport and Environmental Management", "eHealth" or "Advanced Electronic Engineering". Some new programs cover fields which have not yet been offered in Austria as university studies, for example, the midwifery education.
- One of the biggest projects with students participation is the "joanneum racing team". Every year, the students in "Vehicle Technology", "Industrial Design", "Information Design", "Electronics & Technology Management", "Production Technology and Organisation", "Journalism & Public Relations" and "physiotherapy" construct, build and commercialize a whole car. Anchored in the project is the course "automotive engineering" and is supported by sponsors. The car is then taken to the "Formula Student" part and other Formula SAE competitions. The greatest successes are the overall win at the 2006 Formula SAE Italy and the 3rd overall rankings 2007 in Hockenheim and at the Formula Student UK 2008 at Silverstone.
- Another student project is the magazine "blank" and its companion website that are created each year by students of "Journalism and PR"  . For other media productions cameras, audio recorders, tripods and microphones can be hired.
- The participants of the courses "Luftfahrt / Aviation", "Information Design", "Industrial Design" and "Vehicle Technology" are also involved in projects in the "Green Mobility". In practical projects they contribute new ideas and developments. They are supported by companies in the automotive industry.
The development of a drone (UAVS) for civilian operations fall within the scope Green Mobility.
|Department of Applied Computer Science||Department of Engineering||Department of Building, Energy and Society|
|Software Development and Digital Media Development||Power electronics in the field of energy systems and mobility||Resource saving urbanization; Building revitalization and building envelope|
|IT infrastructure architectures & IT Security||Civilian drones and aviation systems||Energy efficiency in industry, building and Local Area|
|Healthcare and computer science||Total vehicle technology in calculation and testing||Sustainable transport planning, pedestrian navigation|
|Department of Health Studies||Department of Media and Design||Department of Management|
|Diagnosis and Treatment||User Interface, data visualization, simulation||International strategies and business processes|
|Health promotion and prevention||Development of Product Design||Competitiveness in industry and finance|
|Activity and exercise||Content strategy, Web Literacy||Health promotion and (health) tourist programs|
Training Priorities, Certifications and Laboratories
- OS Education: MS IT Academy
- Electronic Design Center: Digital Short Range Radio, Embedded Systems, DSP
- Gender mainstreaming: Roberta -Regiozentrum
- Competence node telematics Kapfenberg
- Competence Center for Health Reporting
- Network Education: Cisco Networking Academy
- Seminars and workshops for managers (Summer Business School)
- Health Perception Lab (HPL) - Laboratory for Health and Sensors
- Entology Net: Force Lab - Showroom and explanation Forum for IT applications
- Perceptual laboratory VisionSpace: 3D visualization, technology-supported learning and human-computer interaction
- Metabolomics Laboratory: analysis methods in biomedical research
- Sports Science Laboratory "SpoWiLab"
- Laboratory of Avionics and ATC Technology
- Laboratory of Flight Simulation
- Laboratory of Physics and facade technology
- Laboratory for High-Frequency and Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Automotive Engineering test laboratory (accreditation body in accordance with ÖVE / ÖNORM EN ISO / IEC 17025)
- Streaming Studio: Web Radio Studio
- eGovernment Service Lab: Unlocks the Citizen Card and mobile signature
The Department of International Relations has several tasks. Firstly, it takes care of all exchange students from the FH (for study or internship) going abroad (outgoings) or from abroad coming to the FH (incomings). The Department of International Relations acts as a contact point for the partner universities. The department also organizes courses for German as a foreign language and holds events and excursions.
FH JOANNEUM has around 200 partner universities in Europe, Asia, South America, North America and Australia / New Zealand.
ÖH joanneum is the Student Union ( ÖH ) of FH JOANNEUM. It exists since the winter semester 2005/2006 and has since become an integral part of the Teaching Board. By anchoring the FH student representatives in the Austrian Students' stem ÖH joanneum is the legally established body in legitimate interests of all students at FH JOANNEUM. The activities of ÖH joanneum include representing the interests of students of FH Joanneum at a higher level (e.g. As in the Federal Representation of Students' Union). Since autumn 2010 ÖH joanneum is also working on the magazine "JOE", educational issues and the organization of studies and the student life at home and abroad. The first edition was published in January 2011.