FIA WTCC Race of Argentina
|Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo|
|Number of times held||5|
|Most wins (drivers)||J.M. López (5)|
|Most wins (constructors)||Citroën (6)|
|Last race (2017)|
|Race 1 Winner|
|Race 2 Winner|
The FIA WTCC Race of Argentina is a round of the World Touring Car Championship, which was held for the first time in the 2013 World Touring Car Championship season at the Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo in Termas de Río Hondo, Argentina.
An Argentinean race was originally scheduled to take place in 2011 at a circuit in Buenos Aires. The planned event was later cancelled after problems homologating the track for international use.
Argentina was added to the provisional 2012 schedule although no circuit was mentioned which would host the event. In January 2012 the event from dropped from the calendar owing to delays agreeing details with the local government, it was later replaced by the FIA WTCC Race of Slovakia.
The calendar for the 2013 season was amended in March 2013 with the FIA WTCC Race of Brazil replaced by two TBA rounds, one of which was a placeholder date for an Argentinean round. One of the events would run in 2013 with the hopes that both would be on the calendar in 2014. In June 2013 it was confirmed that the first Race of Argentina would be held on 4 August at the Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo.
The Argentine Turismo Nacional has raced as support event since 2013.
José María López has won five of the ten races held in his home country as of 2017.
|2017||Opening Race||Yann Ehrlacher||Lada||Termas de Río Hondo||Report|
|Main Race||Norbert Michelisz||Honda|
|2016||Opening Race||Tom Chilton||Citroën||Report|
|Main Race||José María López||Citroën|
|2015||Race 1||José María López||Citroën||Report|
|Race 2||Sébastien Loeb||Citroën|
|2014||Race 1||José María López||Citroën||Report|
|Race 2||José María López||Citroën|
|2013||Race 1||Yvan Muller||Chevrolet||Report|
|Race 2||José María López||BMW|
- Meissner, Johan (24 July 2010). "Argentina and China set for 2011 WTCC calendar". TouringCarTimes. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Beer, Matt (5 November 2010). "Track issue cost Argentina WTCC date". Autosport. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Elizalde, Pablo (7 December 2011). "UK round dropped from 2012 WTCC calendar". Autosport. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Hudson, Neil (6 February 2013). "Slovakiaring replaces Argentina on WTCC calendar". TouringCarTimes. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Allen, Peter (8 March 2013). "Two Spaces Remain On Latest Iteration Of 2013 WTCC Calendar". The Checkered Flag. BlackEagleMedia Network. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Hudson, Neil (25 March 2013). "Argentina could replace Brazil on the calendar this year". TouringCarTimes. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "WTCC TO VISIT ARGENTINA FOR THE FIRST TIME". World Touring Car Championship. Kigema Sport Organisation. 4 June 2013. Archived from the original on 25 February 2014. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Turismo Nacional y WTCC, nuevamente juntos - APAT, 22 July 2016