Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry
|Founder||Ghanshyam Das Birla, Purshottamdas Thakurdas|
|Type||Non-governmental trade association|
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Services||Business promotion, networking, policy reforms|
|over 250,000 companies|
The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) is an association of business organisations in India. Established in 1927, on the advice of Mahatma Gandhi by GD Birla and Purushottam Das Thakurdas, it is the largest, oldest and the apex business organisation in India. It is a non-government, not-for-profit organisation. FICCI draws its membership from the corporate sector, both private and public, including SMEs and MNCs. The chamber has an indirect membership of over 250,000 companies from various regional chambers of commerce. It is involved in sector specific business polus building, and business promotion and networking. It is headquartered in the national capital New Delhi and has presence in 12 states in India and 8 countries across the world.
- 1 Services
- 2 Allied Organisations
- 3 Initiatives
- 4 Notable alumni
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
FICCI is India's sole national issuing & guaranteeing association for ATA Carnets ATA Carnets are used by TV / Film crews, journalists, engineers, musicians and industry for temporary moving equipment across borders. FICCI issues and endorses carnets, guarantees the payment of duties and taxes to customs (both domestic and foreign) authorities
Confederation of Indian Food Trade and Industry
Confederation of Indian Food Trade and Industry (CIFTI) caters to Indian food Industry. It deals with policies, trade affairs and capacity building. CIFTI provides institutional support and partners with the Government and the Indian private sector in promotion and development of Indian food processing industry. CIFTI was established by FICCI in 1985. It is currently led by Mr. Sanjay Khajuria who serves as its president.
Arbitration and Conciliation Tribunal
FICCI Arbitration and Conciliation Tribunal (FACT) provides arbitration services for settling commercial disputes. FACT was established in 1952 and aims at settling business disputes outside the traditional framework offered by courts of law through arbitration and conciliation, as the case may be.
Alliance for Consumer Care
FICCI Alliance for Consumer Care (FACC) is a dedicated centre set up by FICCI along with Department of Consumer Affairs, Government of India to enhance consumer care practices and facilitate stakeholder interaction. It facilitates prompt redressal of consumer grievances, a dialogue between the business and consumers and promotion of responsible business practices.
FICCI Ladies Organisation was established in 1983 to promote entrepreneurship and professional excellence among women in India.
Aditya Birla CSR Centre for Excellence
Aditya Birla CSR Centre for Excellence is a joint initiative of FICCI and the Aditya Birla Group. The centre aims at development of inclusive and holistic CSR practices. This centre also organises the Businessworld FICCI CSR Award, an annual award aimed at identifying & recognising remarkable CSR initiatives.
Confederation of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (CMSME)
Confederation of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises is an affiliate body of FICCI. It was established in December 2013. It aims to connect MSMEs with mentors, incubators & accelerators and assist them through capacity building programs & services; deliberate of policy concerns of the sector; and provide regular interface between Industry, Government and regulators. In terms of the scope of work CMSME is similar to FICCI with the only differentiation being the exclusive focus on Micro, Small and Media enterprises in India.
FICCI Committee Against Smuggling and Counterfeiting Activities Destroying Economy (CASCADE) was launched on 18 January 2011 and aims to run consumer sensitisation drives on the impact of using smuggled, contraband and counterfeit products across India. The body is also engaged in capacity building of law enforcement agencies and research. It has estimated an annual tax loss to government of India due to smuggling and counterfeits at Rs 26,190 crore.
FICCI's Millennium alliance aims at supporting and scaling-up low-cost, innovative solutions. It is a joint initiative of FICCI, Department of Science & Technology, Government of India and the United States Agency for International Development. It was launched during July 2012 as an inclusive platform for social impact funds, venture capitalists, corporate foundations, early investors, and donors to support and scale innovative solutions for base of the pyramid populations in India and around the world.
Invest India is a public-private partnership between Government and FICCI. A joint venture between FICCI (51% equity), Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (India) (34%) and State Governments of India (0.5% equity each), Invest India was given a clearance by the Indian cabinet during September 2009 to set up under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. The initiative aims at speedy implementation of foreign investment projects in India and improving the climate for domestic investments.
DRDO–FICCI Accelerated Technology Assessment and Commercialisation (ATAC) Programme
DRDO and FICCI started the ATAC programme in February 2009 with an objective to create commercial linkages for DRDO technologies for use in civilian products and services. The Explosives Detector Kit developed by DRDO is being commercialised under this initiative. Bio-toilets based upon the bio-digester technology developed by DRDO is another such technology being commercialised under the program. It is projected that DRDO will install 18000 bio toilets across India in cooperation with various states, Union Territories, FICCI and Ganga Action Plan. Besides, over 10000 bio-digesters are being installed in passenger coaches of the Indian Rail.
- Krishna Kumar Birla (1974–75)
- Hari Shankar Singhania (1979–80)
- R. P. Goenka (1986–87)
- Chirayu Amin (2000–01)
- Rajeev Chandrasekhar (2007–08)
- Rajan Mittal (2009–10)
- Amit Mitra, noted economist and the current Finance Minister of the Indian state of West Bengal was Secretary General, FICCI during 1994–2011.
- Naina Lal Kidwai is the Past President, FICCI. She is the qualified Chartered Accountant(CA) as a member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India(ICAI). She is the first Indian woman to graduate from Harvard Business School. and currently is the Group General Manager and Country Head of HSBC India.
- FICCI Frames
- Confederation of Indian Industry
- Indian Merchants' Chamber
- Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry
- hemen, hemen parekh Reply to. "About FICCI – FICCI blog".
- "rajesh shah takes over as Ficci President". Hindustan Times. 14 December 2017. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "Mr.Shankar elected vp of FICCI". livemint. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "FICCI Profile on LinkedIn".
- "FICCI". ficci.in.
- "ATA Carnet". www.atacarnet.in.
- "Administration of the ATA Carnet System". Archived from the original on 17 January 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Confederation of Indian Food Trade and Industry". Archived from the original on 1 June 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Welcome to CIFTI - Your advisory on Information, Regulatory & trade for the Food Procesing sector of India". www.cifti.org.
- "FACT Overview, FICCI". Archived from the original on 24 April 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "FICCI Arbitration and Conciliation Tribunal". Archived from the original on 13 January 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "FACC Overview". Archived from the original on 24 April 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Consumer Complaints Redressal". Archived from the original on 31 May 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "FICCI FLO - The Power to Empower". FICCI FLO.
- "Allied Organisations:FICCI".
- "SRF Ltd bags the 12th Businessworld FICCI CSR Award 2011-12". 21 December 2012.
- Shirali, Rajiv (13 January 2014). "MSMEs have innate capability to align with the global value chain: Sanjay Bhatia" – via Business Standard.
- "FICCI-Confederation of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (CMSME)". www.ficci-cmsme.in.
- "Confederation of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises launched".
- "About FICCI CASCADE". Archived from the original on 21 February 2014. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- "Fight against counterfeiting and smuggling, FICCI-CASCADE host's seminar". Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- "FICCI-CASCADE campaign on consumer rights". 20 December 2012 – via The Economic Times.
- "Millennium Alliance". millenniumalliance.in.
- "Millennium Alliance – Page 838 – FICCI blog".
- "USAID-FICCI Millennium Alliance launched to fund innovators".
- "Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency | Invest India". www.investindia.gov.in.
- "Invest India on frontfoot to attract more FDI". The Financial Express. 1 April 2010.
- "| mydigitalfc". www.mydigitalfc.com.
- "DRDO–FICCI ATAC Programme".
- "DRDO-FICCI Initiative on Accelerated Technology assessment and Commercialization (ATAC)". drdoficciatac.com.
- "DRDO could sell its explosive detector in US - Times of India". The Times of India.
- DRDO Tech for Societal Benefits: Bio-Toilets Inaugurated
- "DRDO unveils eco-friendly complex based on bio-digester tech". 26 February 2014 – via The Economic Times.
- "KK Birla a noted public figure: PM".
- "Hari Shankar Singhania, leading industrialist, passes away at 79 - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "RP Goenka, the country's 'takeover specialist'". DNA India. 14 April 2013.
- "FICCI wants flexible labour laws".
- "Rajeev Chandrasekhar sworn in as Ficci president". www.rediff.com.
- "Rajan Bharti Mittal is new FICCI president". Deccan Herald. 27 February 2010.
- "Mitra says goodbye to Ficci". The Telegraph, Calcutta, India. 19 May 2011. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- "Naina Lal Kidwai – President – FICCI blog".
- "Naina Lal Kidwai - Alumni - Harvard Business School". www.alumni.hbs.edu.