FIFA Club of the Century
FIFA Club of the Century was an award presented by FIFA to decide the best football club of the 20th century. Real Madrid was the winner of the award with 42.35% of the vote, announced at the annual FIFA World gala, held in Rome on 11 December 2000. At the time in international football, Madrid have won, among others, eight European Cups (a record) and two Intercontinental Cups.
Alfredo Di Stéfano and Florentino Pérez collected during the ceremony, the trophy which was presented to Real Madrid. For the 2006–07 season, a crest was added to Real Madrid's shirts, commemorating their status as FIFA Club of the Century.
|1||Real Madrid||Spain||42.35 %|
|2||Manchester United||England||9.69 %|
|9||River Plate||Argentina||1.53 %|
|12||Boca Juniors||Argentina||1.02 %|
- "Zidane crowned world's best". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. 11 December 2000. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Real Madrid reach century". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. 6 March 2002. Retrieved 6 September 2011.
- "Three candidates for FIFA World Player Award: Figo, Rivaldo and Zidane". FIFA.com. FIFA. 7 December 2000. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- "On this day, Real Madrid were named Club of the Century". realmadrid.com. 11 December 2014. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- "Di Stéfano, the memory of an eternal legend". laliga.es. 8 July 2014. Retrieved 11 May 2017.[permanent dead link]
- "Nueva camiseta con el 'sello' del mejor club del S.XX (New shirt with the "20th Century Best Club" crest)" (in Spanish). elmundo.es. 12 July 2006. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "FIFA World Player 2000 award information". FIFA.com. FIFA. 6 December 2000. Retrieved 6 September 2011.