FINCA Uganda Limited
|Headquarters||Plot 11 Acacia Avenue,
|Total assets||UGX:128.51 billion|
Number of employees
FINCA Uganda Limited, also known as FINCA Uganda, is a microfinance deposit-accepting institution (MDI) in Uganda. It is licensed and supervised by the Bank of Uganda, the central bank and national banking regulator.
The headquarters of FINCA Uganda Limited are located at Plot 11 Acacia Avenue in Kampala Central Division, one of the five administrative divisions of the city of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city, about 3.8 kilometres (2 mi) north of the city centre. The coordinates of the company headquarters are 00°20'07.0"N, 32°35'16.0"E (Latitude:0.335278; Longitude:32.587778).
FINCA Uganda is licensed as an MDI, which was issued in 2004 although the institution has been in the country since 1992.
FINCA provides financial services to Uganda's lowest-income entrepreneurs with the aim of creating jobs, building assets, and improving their standard of living. As an MDI, FINCA Uganda is a Tier III Financial Institution. It is therefore prohibited from dealing in foreign exchange and cannot issue checking accounts.
As of December 2015, the institution's asset base was UGX:128.51 billion, with shareholders' equity of UGX:42.67 billion.
FINCA Uganda was one of the first financial institutions in Uganda to introduce biometric technology in 2011.
Products and services
As of 2014, the financial services offered by FINCA Uganda included:
- FINCA Village Group Loans
- FINCA Individual/Business Loans
- FINCA Group account
- FINCA Fixed Deposit account
- FINCA Easy Account
- FINCA Smart Start Account
- FINCA Target Account
- FINCA School Fees Loan
- FINCA Junior Account
- FINCA Agriculture Loan
- FINCA Solar Energy Loan
- Credit Life Insurance
- Western Union Transfers
- Standing Orders
As of June 2014, FINCA Uganda maintained 27 inter-linked branches nationwide, at the following locations:
- Ben Kiwanuka Branch - 22 Ben Kiwanuka Street, Kampala
- Katwe Branch - Katwe Road, Katwe, Kampala
- Kireka Branch - Kampala-Jinja Highway, Kireka, Kira Municipality
- Kawempe Branch - Bombo Road, Kawempe, Kampala
- Naakulabye Branch - Hoima Road, Naakulabye, Kampala
- Mukono Branch - Kampala-Jinja Road, Mukono
- Mityana Branch - Station Road, Mityana
- Nakasongola Branch - Lwampanga Road, Nakasongola
- Masaka Branch - Edward Avenue, Masaka
- Kyotera Branch - Bukoba Road, Kyotera
- Sembabule Branch - Mubende Road, Sembabule
- Mbarara Branch - Masaka Road, Mbarara
- Kabale Branch - Kisoro Road, Kabale
- Fort Portal Branch - Rukidi III Street, Fort Portal
- Jinja Branch - Lubas Road, Jinja
- Kamuli Branch - Kitimbo Road, Kamuli
- Iganga Branch - Main Street, Iganga
- Mbale Branch - Republic Street, Mbale
- Busia Branch - Jinja Road, Busia
- Lira Branch - Obote Avenue, Lira
- Gulu Branch - Labwor Road, Gulu
- Arua Branch - Taban Lane, Arua
- Koboko Branch - Central Road, Koboko
- Masindi Branch - Masindi Port Road, Masindi
- Hoima Branch - Old Toro Road, Hoima
- Ntinda Branch - Ntinda Trading Centre, Ntinda Road, Ntinda, Kampala.
- Acacia Branch - 11 Acacia Avenue, Kampala (Head Office)
- BOU (31 March 2016). "List of Licensed Microfinance Deposit-Taking Institutions (MDIs), As at March 2016" (PDF). Kampala: Bank of Uganda. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- Globefeed.com (12 August 2015). "Distance between Clock Tower, Kampala, Central Region, Uganda and FINCA ATM, Kampala, Central Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- Google (12 August 2016). "Location of the Headquarters of FINCA Uganda Limited" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- FINCA (2013). "FINCA International: Who We Are: History". Washington, D. C.: FINCA International (FINCA). Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- Michael Dzineku; et al. (2009). "Uganda: Wharton Financial Institutions Center" (PDF). Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA: Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- FINCA Uganda (12 April 2016). "Summarised Audited financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2015" (PDF). Kampala: FINCA Uganda Limited. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- Kulabako, Faridah (6 May 2011). "Technology Spurring Innovations In Banking". Daily Monitor Mobile. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- Vision Reporter (12 November 2015). "FINCA Launches Offices". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- Kaggwa, Andrew (10 June 2014). "Finca Uganda Launches Loan Promo". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- FINCA (2011). "The Branches of FINCA Uganda Microfinance Limited". FINCA International. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- Nakabugo, Zurah (18 November 2015). "Finance minister advises Finca to graduate into commercial bank". The Observer (Uganda). Kampala. Retrieved 13 August 2016.