FINCA Uganda Limited
|Headquarters||22 Ben Kiwanuka Street,
Chief Executive Officer
|Total assets||US$35.16 million (2013)|
Number of employees
FINCA Uganda Limited, also known as FINCA Uganda, is an MDI (Microfinance Deposit-taking Institution) in Uganda. It is a subsidiary and member organization of FINCA International, headquartered in the United States of America.
The headquarters of FINCA Uganda Limited are located at 22 Ben Kiwanuka Street, in Kampala Central Division, one of the five administrative divisions of the city of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. This location, on the western slopes of Nakasero Hill, lies in Kampala's central business district. The coordinates of this location are:0°18'37.0"N, 32°34'37.0"E (Latitude:0.310278; Longitude:32.576944).
FINCA Uganda Limited is licensed as a Microfinance Deposit-taking Institution (MDI). Its MDI license was issued in 2004, although the institution has been in the country since 1992. FINCA provides financial services to Uganda's lowest-income entrepreneurs with the aim of creating jobs, building assets and improving their standard of living. As an MDI, FINCA Uganda is a Tier III Financial Institution. It is therefore prohibited from dealing in foreign exchange and cannot issue checking accounts. As of December 2013[update], the institution's asset base was in excess of US$35.16 million, with over 268,100 deposit accounts and over 57,600 loan accounts. The shareholders' equity in the institution totaled about US$11.27 million at that time.) FINCA Uganda remains at the forefront of information technology in service delivery, being one of the first financial institutions in Uganda to introduce biometric technology in 2011.
Products and services
FINCA Uganda offers a wide range of financial services including:
- Small Group Loans
- Village Group Loans
- Individual Loans
- Salary Loans
- Voluntary Savings
- Fixed Deposits
- FINCA Easy Account
- Smart Start Account
- Target Account
- School Fees Loan
- Junior Account
- Credit Life Insurance
- Western Union Transfers
- Standing Orders
In December 2013, the average loan per borrower was US$434.
- Ben Kiwanuka Branch - 22 Ben Kiwanuka Street, Kampala
- Katwe Branch - Katwe Road, Katwe, Kampala
- Kireka Branch - Kampala-Jinja Highway, Kireka, Kira Municipality
- Kawempe Branch - Bombo Road, Kawempe, Kampala
- Naakulabye Branch - Hoima Road, Naakulabye, Kampala
- Nateete Branch - Nateete Shopping Centre, Nateete, Kampala
- Mukono Branch - Kampala-Jinja Road, Mukono
- Mityana Branch - Station Road, Mityana
- Nakasongola Branch - Lwampanga Road, Nakasongola
- Masaka Branch - Edward Avenue, Masaka
- Kyotera Branch - Bukoba Road, Kyotera
- Sembabule Branch - Mubende Road, Sembabule
- Mbarara Branch - Masaka Road, Mbarara
- Kabale Branch - Kisoro Road, Kabale
- Fort Portal Branch - Rukidi III Street, Fort Portal
- Jinja Branch - Lubas Road, Jinja
- Kamuli Branch - Kitimbo Road, Kamuli
- Iganga Branch - Main Street, Iganga
- Mbale Branch - Republic Street, Mbale
- Busia Branch - Jinja Road, Busia
- Lira Branch - Obote Avenue, Lira
- Gulu Branch - Labwor Road, Gulu
- Arua Branch - Taban Lane, Arua
- Koboko Branch - Central Road, Koboko
- Masindi Branch - Masindi Port Road, Masindi
- Hoima Branch - Old Toro Road, Hoima
- Ntinda Branch - Ntinda Trading Centre, Ntinda Road, Ntinda, Kampala.
- Google, . "Location of FINCA Uganda Headquarters At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- FINCA, . (2012). "Celebrating 20 Years of Village Banking In Uganda!". Kintera.org. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- MixMarket, . (2014). "FINCA Uganda Limited Company Data December 2013". MixMarket.org. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- Kulabako, Faridah (6 May 2011). "Technology Spurring Innovations In Banking". Daily Monitor Mobile. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- Kaggwa, Andrew (10 June 2014). "Finca Uganda Launches Loan Promo". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- FINCA, . (2011). "The Branches of FINCA Uganda Microfinance Limited". FINCA International. Retrieved 3 July 2014.