FIS Nordic World Ski Championships
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|FIS Nordic World Ski Championships|
The FIS Nordic World Ski Championships have been held in various numbers and types of events since 1925 for men and since 1954 for women. Championship events include nordic skiing's three disciplines: cross-country skiing, ski jumping, and nordic combined (the latter being a combination sport consisting of both cross-country and ski jumping). From 1924 to 1939, the World Championships were held every year, including the Winter Olympics. After World War II, the World Championships were held every four years from 1950 to 1982. Since 1985, the World Championships have been held in odd-numbered years.
- In the years 1925–1927, the FIS referred to these events as Rendezvous races. During the periods of 1929–1931 and 1933–1935, the FIS referred to these events as FIS races. This event has been officially referred to as the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships since 1937.
- The FIS Nordic World Ski Championships 1941 were declared a non-event by the FIS at their 1946 meeting and their results have been struck from the official records.
- The FIS Nordic World Ski Championships 1980 consisted of a women's 20 km cross-country event because it was not included in the program of the Winter Olympics at Lake Placid.
- The FIS Nordic World Ski Championships 1984 consisted of team events in both ski jumping and Nordic combined held at separate locations because neither event was included in the program of the Winter Olympics in Sarajevo.
List of championships
Medalists by sport
- Cross-country skiing
- Nordic combined
- Ski jumping
Table updated after the 2017 Championships.
|4||Soviet Union (1954–91)||36||32||24||92|
|5||Germany (1925–39, 1991–present)||27||38||24||89|
|8||East Germany (1954–89)||12||15||11||38|
|16||West Germany (1954-89)||4||1||2||7|
|17||Czech Republic (1993–present)||3||6||6||15|
|18||Estonia (1938, 1993–present)||3||5||2||10|
|Total medals awarded||437||437||436||1310|
|1||Marit Bjørgen||Norway||F||Cross-country skiing||2003||2017||18||5||3||26|
|2||Yelena Välbe|| Soviet Union
|3||Petter Northug||Norway||M||Cross-country skiing||2007||2015||13||3||-||16|
|4||Larisa Lazutina (Ptitsyna)|| Soviet Union
|5||Bjørn Dæhlie||Norway||M||Cross-country skiing||1991||1999||9||5||3||17|
|6||Thomas Morgenstern||Austria||M||Ski jumping||2005||2013||8||2||1||11|
|7||Gunde Svan||Sweden||M||Cross-country skiing||1985||1991||7||3||1||11|
|8||Therese Johaug||Norway||F||Cross-country skiing||2007||2015||7||1||3||11|
|9||Alevtina Kolchina||Soviet Union||F||Cross-country skiing||1958||1966||7||1||-||8|
|10||Wolfgang Loitzl||Austria||M||Ski jumping||2001||2013||7||-||1||8|
- FIS Nordic Junior World Ski Championships
- Cross-country skiing at the Winter Olympics
- List of FIS Cross-Country World Cup champions
- IPC Biathlon and Cross-Country Skiing World Championships
- List of Olympic medalists in men's cross-country skiing
- List of Olympic medalists in women's cross-country skiing
- List of Olympic medalists in nordic combined
- List of Olympic medalists in ski jumping
- Nordic combined at the Winter Olympics
- FIS Nordic Combined World Cup
- Ski jumping at the Winter Olympics
- FIS Ski Jumping World Cup
- Non-Olympic event: women's 20 km cross-country skiing.
- Non-Olympic events: FIN: 3 x 10 km team Nordic combined; SUI: Non-Olympic event: team large hill ski jumping.