FIVB Volleyball Men's Club World Championship
|Current season, competition or edition:
2017 FIVB Volleyball Men's Club World Championship
|No. of teams||8|
|Zenit Kazan (1st title)|
|Most titles||Trentino (4 titles)|
The FIVB Volleyball Men's Club World Championship is an international men's club volleyball competition organised by the Fédération Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB), the sport's global governing body. The competition was first contested in 1989 in Italy. It was not held between 1993 and 2008, but since 2009, the competition has been held every year, and has been hosted by Qatar and Brazil.
The current format of the tournament involves eight teams competing for the title at venues within the host nation over a period of about one week; the winners of that year's AVC Club Volleyball Championship (Asia), African Clubs Championship (Africa), Men's South American Volleyball Club Championship (South America) and CEV Champions League (Europe), along with the host city's team and a nominated team from North America. The number of teams is increased through wild card invitees.
The current champions are Russia's Zenit Kazan, who defeated Italy's Lube Civitanova 3–0 in the final of the 2017 edition, to win their first title in the competition. Italian teams have been the most successful, with eight titles.
Results by confederation
- Table current through 2017.
Medal table by club
|9||Banespa São Paulo||0||2||0||2|
|16||UPCN San Juan||0||0||2||2|
|16||Pirelli Santo André||0||0||1||1|
Medal table by country
- 1989 – None
- 1990 – Claudio Galli (Gonzaga Milano)
- 1991 – Karch Kiraly (Porto Ravenna)
- 1992 – Lorenzo Bernardi (Treviso)
- 2009 – Matey Kaziyski (Trentino)
- 2010 – Osmany Juantorena (Trentino)
- 2011 – Osmany Juantorena (Trentino)
- 2012 – Osmany Juantorena (Trentino)
- 2013 – Wallace de Souza (Sada Cruzeiro)
- 2014 – Dmitry Muserskiy (Belogorie Belgorod)
- 2015 – Yoandy Leal (Sada Cruzeiro)
- 2016 – William Arjona (Sada Cruzeiro)
- 2017 – Osmany Juantorena (Lube Civitanova)
- "Zenit Kazan rule the world!". FIVB.org. 17 December 2017. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- "Setter William Arjona the brightest star of Club World Champs dream team". FIVB.org. 23 October 2016. Retrieved 23 October 2016.
- "Juantorena makes comeback for 4th MVP award". FIVB.org. 17 December 2017. Retrieved 17 December 2017.