FJ Reitz High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Francis Joseph Reitz High School|
350 Dreier Boulevard
|School district||Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation|
|Teaching staff||133.89 (on an FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||9.70|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue and Gray|
|Athletics conference||Southern Indiana Athletic Conference|
|Rival||Mater Dei High School|
Francis Joseph Reitz High School is a public high school on the west side of Evansville, Indiana, United States. It was founded in 1918 in honor of Francis Joseph Reitz, and is the second oldest high school still in use today in the city. It is a member of the Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation. It is also known by the IHSAA as Evansville Reitz High School and locally known as simply Reitz High School.
The demographic breakdown of the 1,299 students enrolled in 2015–2016 was:
- Male - 49.7%
- Female - 50.3%
- Native American/Alaskan - >0.1%
- Asian/Pacific islanders - 1.3%
- Black - 4.2%
- Hispanic - 1.5%
- White - 87.3%
- Multiracial - 5.7%
- Baseball (boys')
- Basketball (boys' and girls')
- Girls' state champion - 1981
- Cross country (boys' and girls')
- Football (boys')
- State champions - 2007, 2009
- Golf (boys' and girls')
- Soccer (boys & girls)
- Softball (girls)
- Swimming (boys' and girls')
- Tennis (boys' and girls')
- Track (boys' and girls')
- Volleyball (girls')
- Wrestling (boys')
- Perry Heights Middle School
- Daniel Wertz Elementary School
- West Terrace Elementary School
- Helfrich Park STEM Academy
- Cynthia Heights Elementary School
- Tekoppel Elementary School
Notable alumni and faculty
- Jay Buente, baseball player, pitched for Purdue University, the Florida Marlins and the Tampa Bay Rays
- Rudy Charles, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling senior referee
- Brian Claybourn, former American football punter and placekicker at Western Kentucky University, and later a player with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League
- Bob Hamilton, professional golfer; 1944 PGA Championship winner
- Don Hansen, played football at Illinois and for 11 seasons in the NFL
- Lilly King, swimmer, gold medalist at 2016 Summer Olympics
- Paul Musgrave, expert in American foreign policy matters
- Matt Williams, producer of The Cosby Show, Home Improvement, and Roseanne
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Francis Joseph Reitz High Sch". ed.gov. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Francis Joseph Reitz High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved January 21, 2019.
- Francis Joseph Reitz High School (Evansville, Ind.). "The F.J. Reitz High School mirror". The F.J. Reitz High School mirror.
- "Indiana Memory: Reitz 2004 High School Yearbook". digital.library.in.gov. Retrieved 2018-07-20.
- "Reitz Bowl". Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "F.J. Reitz High School: Advanced Placement (AP) Course Listings". edlinesites.net. Retrieved 12 June 2016.
- "IHSAA 2014-2015 School directory" (pdf). ihsaa.org. IHSAA. p. 51. Retrieved 29 August 2015.
- "IHSAA State Championships by School". ihsaa.org. Archived from the original on 13 September 2016. Retrieved 2 November 2017.