FK Bohemians Prague (Střížkov)
|Full name||FK Bohemians Praha|
|Ground||Stadion SK Prosek
Prague 9 - Letňany
|League||Bohemian Football League|
|2013–14||Czech 2. Liga, 15th (relegated)|
|Website||Club home page|
The club won the Bohemian Football League in the 2006-2007 season. It was promoted to the Second League, where it appeared in the 2007-2008 season. The club won the Second League in that season and was promoted to the Czech First League (top flight). In the 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 seasons it played in the Czech First League. In 2010 the club was relegated from Czech First League. In 2011 the club won the Bohemian Football League again and was promoted to the Czech 2. Liga. In June 2011 the club appointed SK Strakonice 1908 coach František Barát as manager, replacing coach Jaromír Jindráček.
The old name of the club was FC Střížkov Praha 9. The club bought the logo of the traditional team Bohemians Prague in 2005 after the old Bohemians Prague were relegated from Second League to the Bohemian Football League. In 2010 the Prague City Court ruled that the club cannot use the name Bohemians, as it has no connection with traditional Bohemians Prague.
In 2010, Bohemians were deducted 20 points and fined 6 million CZK because they refused to play a league fixture against Bohemians 1905 and accused SK Sigma Olomouc of bribery without presenting evidence and the club was relegated from the Czech First League. In June 2010 the club was not given a license by the football association to play the Second League as the club's officials refused to pay their fine, thus it was automatically relegated to the Bohemian Football League (third-level league). The following season, 2010-2011, the club won the Bohemian Football League and returned to professional football in the Czech 2. Liga.
In September 2012 a Czech court ruled that the club must not continue to use the name Bohemians after 31 January 2013. However in December 2012, the club was granted the right to appeal against the decision, thus protracting the process yet further.
Relation to Bohemians 1905
In 1993, Bohemians 1905 broke away from the TJ Bohemians Praha sports franchise and became a separate legal entity. The club functioned normally until financial troubles came up and the club nearly collapsed in 2005. TJ Bohemians took advantage of the situation and rented out the Bohemians logo to FC Střížkov Praha 9, a lowly team in the third tier of Czech football. TJ were able to pour money into the small club and help them rise to the first division. However, fans remained loyal to the Bohemians 1905 team, and helped the large club to recover.
- As of 31 October 2013
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Notable former players
- For all players with a Wikipedia article, see Category:FK Bohemians Prague (Střížkov) players
Bohemians' reserve team, Bohemians Prague B, play in the Prague Championship.
- Luboš Urban (2005–06)
- Radim Nečas (2006)
- Luboš Urban (2006–09)
- Robert Žák (2009)
- Jaromír Jindráček (2009–11)
- František Barát (2011–12)
- Jaromír Jindráček (2012)
- Ivan Pihávek (2012–2013)
- Miloš Sazima (2013–)
History in domestic competitions
- Seasons spent at Level 1 of the football league system: 2
- Seasons spent at Level 2 of the football league system: 4
- Seasons spent at Level 3 of the football league system: 4
- Seasons spent at Level 4 of the football league system: 0
|2004–2005||3. liga||10th||32||11||8||13||36||43||–7||41||First Round|
|2005–2006||3. liga||3rd||34||19||6||9||58||26||+32||63||Round of 64|
|2006–2007||3. liga||1st||34||21||8||5||69||26||+43||71||Round of 32|
|2008–2009||1. liga||13th||30||10||4||16||33||46||–13||34||Round of 16|
|2009–2010||1. liga||16th||30||4||4||22||27||65||–38||1||Round of 32|
|2011–2012||2. liga||5th||30||14||6||10||43||31||+12||48||First Round|
|2012–2013||2. liga||11th||30||6||17||7||30||33||–3||35||Round of 32|
|2013–2014||2. liga||15th||30||6||4||20||30||66||–36||22||First Round|
- Bohemian Football League (third tier)
- Champions 2006-07, 2010–11
- "Divize: Trenér Strakonic míří do Bohemians" (in Czech). denik.cz. 29 June 2011. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- Sport.cz: Střížkov nemá užívat slovo Bohemians, rozhodl soud
- ČTK (2010-04-15). "Trest pro Bohemians Praha: 6 milionů pokuta a -20 bodů". Sportovninoviny.cz.
- iDNES.cz: Střížkov první ligu zakončil v plusu, nový soutěžní ročník začne v ČFL
- Novák, Jaromír (2012-09-04). "Fotbalisté Střížkova definitivně nesmí používat název Bohemians". idnes.cz (in Czech). Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- "Soud přiznal střížkovským Bohemians právo odvolat se proti změně názvu". idnes.cz (in Czech). 19 December 2012. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- "Bohemians Praha budou hrát první ligu na Žižkově". idnes.cz (in Czech). 2008-06-19. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- "Čtyři kluby žádají svaz. Vyhřívaný trávník nemají, hrozí jim stěhování". idnes.cz (in Czech). 2009-06-04. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- "Začíná druhá fotbalová liga, Bohemians ze Střížkova jsou v ní zpět". idnes.cz (in Czech). 2011-08-05. Retrieved 2011-08-22.
- Česká fotbalová liga 2004/05
- Česká fotbalová liga 2005/06
- Česká fotbalová liga 2006/07
- Česká fotbalová liga 2010/11