FL Studio Mobile
FL Studio Mobile version 3
|Initial release||21 June 2011|
3.1.71 / 12 August 2017
|Operating system||Android 3.2, iOS 8, Windows Phone 8.1|
|Type||Digital Audio Workstation|
FL Studio Mobile is a digital audio workstation available for iOS devices such as the iPad, the iPhone, and iPod touch. There is a separate HD version for iPad 1 and iPad 2. Image-Line released a version for use on Android on April 19, 2013.
The program allows for the creation of complete multi-track music projects, which can then be exported in WAV format, MIDI format to work with other digital audio workstations, or in .FLM project format to be opened in FL Studio 10.0.5  or later. Various features include a step sequencer, piano roll, keyboard, drum pad, track editor, effects, and 133 sampled instruments including synths and drum kits. Instruments can also be added as .zip or .instr files.
On June 21, 2011, Image-Line released FL Studio Mobile and FL Studio Mobile HD, versions of their Windows digital audio workstation FL Studio. FL Studio Mobile was designed by Artua and developed in cooperation with the makers of Music Studio. Image-Line released the program at an introductory price of $14.99 ($19.99 for the HD version), and both versions are available for download at the App Store.
FL Studio Mobile 1.0 is compatible with devices that operate iOS 3.1.3 or later, specifically all iPhones and iPod touch models. iPad 1 and iPad 2 can run either FL Studio Mobile or FL Studio Mobile HD, and the HD version requires iOS 4.2 or later. The iPhone 4 version includes Retina Display support.
- Track editor
The program has a track editor mode that supports 99 layered tracks. Features include adding, duplicating, and deleting tracks, changing the track's instruments, setting song signature and tempo, an effect bus setting, a pan knob, a volume fader, and mute and solo buttons.
- Piano roll editor
The piano roll editor allows for manually drawing notes, selecting multiple notes by dragging a rectangle, changing the length of multiple notes at once, setting note volume, and moving, duplicating, and quantizing notes.
- Step sequencer
The step sequencer allows for recording one measure of a melody or beat at a time, then turning it into a loop. It allows for the creation of multiple sounds in one instrument track, and adjusting the pitch and velocity of each individual step.
- Keyboard and drum pad
The keyboard feature is both resizable and stackable, allowing for 5 simultaneous touches, and 10 touches on the iPad. It has 3 key label modes, fullscreen support, melody and loop recording, two device orientations, and a fully configurable metronome. Pitch-bend and velocity can be applied to notes entered with the keyboard, drum pads or the piano-roll editor. The non-HD version is compatible with the Akai SynthStation 25, a plug-in piano keyboard for iPhone and iPod touch.
Version 1.0 comes built in with 133 sampled instruments, which cover musical styles such as classical, jazz, rock, electronic, and others. There are synths and drum kits included, as well as Slicex Loops. Pitchbend can be controlled with device tilt. iOS, and therefore FL Studio Mobile, does not support VST plugins. As of version 1.1, user instruments can be created using .instr and .zip files.
Version 1.0 comes with 5 real-time effects, including reverb, delay to create echo, equalizer, amp simulator with two overdrive types, and filter with resonance and optional tilt control. There is also a limiter for song volume. Effects can be turned on or off on an individual channel or applied to an entire project.
Version 1.0 doesn't support importing samples, though Image-Line has announced that future updates will incorporate the feature. The program supports iTunes file sharing, and audio can be exported in WAV and MIDI formats so they can be worked on in other digital audio workstations. Projects can be saved in .FLM format and then loaded onto Microsoft Windows to be opened with FL Studio version 10.0.5. or later. This can be done either on a Windows PC running FL studio natively, or an Apple computer using either Boot Camp or virtualization.
Features list, software version 2.4 for iOS
- MiniSynth with 70 presets
- 133 high quality instruments, drum kits & sliced-loop beats
- In-app shop with 7 sample packs (250 instruments/kits), 2 of them are free
- All instruments have FL Studio desktop counterparts for FL Studio desktop import and extension
- Step sequencer for fast percussion programming and sliced-loop reworking
- Configurable virtual piano-keyboard
- Drum pads
- Audio tracks: audio recording (with monitoring), iPod library import, wav/mp3/aac import, AudioCopy & AudioPaste
- Wave editor: cut, trim, normalize, reverse, insert silence, fade in/out (3 curves)
- Record up to 24 channels simultaneously with CoreAudio (class compliant) hardware
- Background audio playback and recording
- Browser with preview button and logical sorting into Instruments, Synths, Drum kits & Loops
- Sampling: custom kits and instruments can be created from wav/mp3 files, AudioPaste, .zip and .instr files (created with FL Studio desktop)
- Pan, volume, release and attack time configurable per instrument
- Pitch bend via accelerometer
- Low-latency, iOS-optimized, high quality, battery-friendly audio engine
- Drum loops and sliced loops ready to start your project with a cool beat
- Extensive effect routing: independent track, send and global effects
- 10 Effects: Reverb, Delay, EQ, Filter, Amp, Phaser, Bit Crusher, Compressor, Limiter, Stereo Widener
- 99 track sequencer and intuitive editing options
- Per-track mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment
- Edit at the level of tracks, bars or down to individual notes
- Piano roll editor for manual entry of note & chord sequence data or detailed editing of recorded performances
- Unlimited undo and redo for all editable screens
- Metronome with tempo & time-signature settings
- Intuitive positioning of screens with the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
- Save and load your songs, export to WAV and AAC
- MIDI file import/export
- SoundCloud and Dropbox upload
- Email export, iCloud Drive, AudioCopy, iTunes file sharing and an integrated WiFi server
- Audiobus support (input & output)
- Inter-App Audio audio recording, instruments and effects
- In-app user manual
- Retina Display graphics
- Compatible with: CoreMIDI (MIDI in and out), Virtual MIDI, Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer I & II, iRig, iRig Mic, iRig MIDI, Yamaha i-MX1, Apogee Jam, Blue Mikey, Alesis IO Dock, iConnectMIDI, Line 6 Mobile Keys, Line 6 Mobile In, Tascam iU2 and many more.
|Version||Release||FL Studio Mobile|
|1.0.0||June 21, 2011||For all iOS devices, with HD for iPad and iPad 2. 133 preset instruments and five real-time effects included. Project files can be exported to be used in FL Studio.|
|1.1.0||July 23, 2011||Added ability to create user instruments from .instr and .zip files. Record button added to filter screen, and filter track editing added to bar editor. Using Sonoma AudioCopy, audio can be sent to other apps via Export.|
|1.2.0||December 20, 2011||Custom Instrument Button (on Instruments list). AudioPaste. Swing (in the Step Editor). SoundCloud export/upload. AAC (.m4a) export. All WAV formats now supported for sample import. Numerous bugfixes & performance enhancements.|
|1.2.1||January 6, 2012||AudioPaste: an arbitrary sample name can be entered. In the SoundCloud popup window, the user name can be tapped to log out. Bug fixes.|
Fl Studio Mobile 3
On June 7, 2015, announced the Fl Studio Mobile 3, and was released on the Google Store on October 25, 2016. The IOS version will not come out until a later time.
- "FL Studio Mobile iPhone". Image-Line. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- "FL Studio Mobile iPad (HD)". Image-Line. June 20, 2011. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- "Get FL Studio Mobile". Image-Line. June 21, 2011. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- Conneally, Tim (June 21, 2011). "FL Studio breaks its 13-year Windows-only run, launches new iOS app". Beta News. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- O'Brien, Terrence (June 22, 2011). "FL Studio Mobile lands on iOS, more indie rap albums to be produced while commuting". EnGadget. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- "FL Studio Mobile version 1.1". Image-Line. July 23, 2011. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- "Download FL Studio Mobile for iPhone, iPad". SoftPedia. June 20, 2011. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- "FL Studio Mobile design". Artua. September 11, 2012. Retrieved July 17, 2015.
- "Music Studio". Xewton. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- Rossignol, Joe (June 22, 2011). "FL Studio Mobile now available on the App Store". iFans. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- Barribeau, Tim (June 21, 2011). "FruityLoops Heads To iOS With FL Studio Mobile". Everything is Cafe. Archived from the original on October 7, 2011. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- Platers, Nick (June 21, 2011). "FL Studio for iPad and iPhone is Out!". Touch Producer. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- "FL Studio Mobile HD for iPad". iTunes App Store. June 21, 2011. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- Kirn, Peter (June 21, 2011). "FL Studio Mobile, Now Available on iPhone, iPad; Sampling, Android Support to Come". Create Digital Music. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- "FL Studio Mobile". Image-Line. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- Parker, Nick (June 22, 2011). "FL Studio Mobile HD: Addictive iPad Music Creation". Evolver.fm. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- Carter, Joanne (June 21, 2011). "FL Studio Mobile - New iOS Music Project App". The App Whisperer. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- "FL Studio Mobile HD". Apple. July 14, 2015. Retrieved July 17, 2015.
- Official website
- FL Studio Mobile on Twitter
- FL Studio Mobile on Facebook
- FL Studio Mobile at the iTunes App Store
- FL Studio Mobile HD at the iTunes App Store