FM (TV channel)
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
(HD feed downgraded to letterboxed 480i for SDTVs)
|Owner||Fuse Media, LLC|
|Launched||September 30, 2015|
|DirecTV||Channel 386 (HD)|
|Dish Network||243 (SD)|
|AT&T U-verse||1535 (HD)|
FM (an initialism for Fuse Music) is an American music-oriented digital cable television network that launched on September 30, 2015. The network replaced NuvoTV, which was merged into Fuse on the same day.
At the 2015 upfronts, it was announced that NuvoTV would be folded into Fuse, as the network began expanding beyond music programming and introduced a new programming slate targeting "New Young Americans". In addition, Fuse announced the launch of FM, a new music channel focusing on "up-and-coming, young, diverse talent".
Initially, FM aired music programming during the daytime, including video blocks and original shows, with holdover programming from NuvoTV shown in primetime. Since 2018, FM has engaged in channel drift, phasing out its music video blocks in favor of reruns of Fuse and NuvoTV original programming and acquired sitcoms. Around this time, Fuse was dropped by Comcast Xfinity and Verizon Fios due to low ratings and its reliance on reruns. In 2019, Fuse Media filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
- Upfronts 2015: Nuvo TV to Meld into Fuse in Q3 Multichannel News, March 4, 2015
- Baron, Steve (2015-03-04). "Fuse Network Announces 2015-16 Programming Slate". Zap2it. Archived from the original on 2015-03-07. Retrieved 2015-03-25.
- Umstead, R. Thomas (2015-03-04). "Upfronts 2015: Nuvo TV to Meld into Fuse in Q3". Multichannel News. NewBay Media. Retrieved 2015-03-25.
- Umstead, R. Thomas (2015-09-28). "Hilary Ready to Light Up a New 'Fuse'". Multichannel News. NewBay Media. Retrieved 2015-10-01.(Subscription required.)
- Lafayette, John (31 December 2018). "Fuse, Dropped by Comcast, Blasts Operator". MultiChannel News. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- "TV One Launches New Entertainment Network CLEO TV on January 19, 2019" (Press release). TV Week. 21 November 2018. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- "Jennifer Lopez-Owned Fuse Media Files For Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection". Deadline. 23 April 2019. Retrieved 25 April 2019.