||This article needs to be updated. (February 2017)|
|Owner||City of Foshan & Guangzhou|
|Transit type||Rapid transit|
|Number of lines||1|
|Number of stations||22|
|Daily ridership||268,000 (2015 peak) |
|Began operation||3 November 2010
(28 October 2010 Public Trial)
|System length||34.4 km (21.4 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
Foshan Metro (Chinese: 佛山地铁; branded as FMetro) is the metro system of the city of Foshan in Guangdong Province of China. It is operated by the state-owned Foshan Railway Investment Construction Group and partly by Guangzhou Metro Corporation and is the tenth metro system to be built in mainland China. Construction began in 2002 and the first line opened on 3 November 2010. The metro system has two new lines and one extension under construction.
Lines in operation
|( )||Xincheng Dong
Guangfo Line (Line 1)
Line 1, also known as the Guangfo Metro, is an intercity line that connects Guangzhou and Foshan. The line is operated by Guangdong Guangfo Inter-City Co., Ltd., a subsidiary co-owned by Guangzhou Metro (51%) and FMetro (49%). The first section of the line, from Yangang to Kuiqi Lu in Foshan, opened for operation in November 2010. The extension from Yangang to Lijiao will open in 2016.
Lines under construction and future expansions
|2019||Line 1||Southern section||Lanshi||Luzhou||3||Under construction|
|Line 2||1st phase||Nanzhuang||Guangzhou South||32||16||Under construction|
|Line 3||1st phase||Shishan||Ronggui||70.2||30||Under construction|
|after 2020||Line 2||2nd phase||Xi'an||Nanzhuang||7||Planning|
|Line 4||1st phase||Danzao||Pingsheng||13|
|Line 5||1st phase||Songgang||Ge'an||14|
|Line 6||1st phase||Jiujiang||Huadi Dadaonan||22|
|2024||Line 4||2nd phase||Pingsheng||Dashi||6|
|Line 5||2nd phase||Lishui||Songgang||6|
|Line 6||2nd phase||Huadi Dadaonan||Nanpu||4|
Fares and tickets
There was a debate between Foshan and Guangzhou over fares of Guangfo metro. The debate has since been settled as Foshan accepted Guangzhou's fare proposal. FMetro will give out 16,000 tickets for free once it begins to operate on November 2010.
- Guangzhou Metro
- Dongguan Rail Transit
- Shenzhen Metro
- Hong Kong MTR
- List of rapid transit systems
- Metro systems by annual passenger rides
- "元旦假期地铁总运客2113万人次". Guangzhou Metro Corporation. 2015-01-04. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "FMetro". Siemens. 30 December 2008. Retrieved 2010-10-06.
- "Siemens to supply advanced signalling systems, train control and propulsion system for Pearl River Delta Intercity Rapid Transit of Guangzhou to Foshan Section (Guangfo Metro)". Siemens. 30 December 2008. Retrieved 2010-10-06.
- Zhang Yuan (1 June 2010). 与亚运有约 促广佛同城————访广东广佛轨道交通有限公司总经理徐一平 [Interview with Xu Yiping, General Manager of Guangdong Guangfo Inter-City Co., Ltd.] (in Chinese). CCMetro.com. Retrieved 2010-10-06.
- 广佛地铁全程票价6元 (in Chinese). Yangcheng Evening News. 28 August 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- "Guangzhou-Foshan Metro Line Opens This November". Life of Guangzhou. 27 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Foshan Metro.|