|February 15, 2010|
FOROtv (English: "Forum TV") is a cable news television channel owned by Televisa. It is seen on most Mexican cable systems and full-time on two stations in Mexico, including XHTV-TDT in Mexico City, with selected programs airing on Televisa Regional and Televisa local stations. FOROtv is available on most Mexican cable and fiber-optic systems and the SKY Mexico satellite service, as well as on Dish Network, DirecTV and several national cable systems in the United States.
FOROtv launched on cable and satellite on February 15, 2010 and marked Televisa's return to the cable news business after operating the Noticias ECO service between 1988 and 2001. On August 30 of that year, it made its broadcast television debut when XHTV ditched its programming lineup aimed at Mexico City to carry FOROtv's programs.
Some of the programs on FOROtv currently include the following:
- Las Noticias con Erik Camacho (5am morning newscast)
- Matutino Express (Morning Express, hosted by Esteban Arce)
- Paralelo 23 (23rd Parallel, hosted by Guillermo Ochoa)
- A las Tres (At 3:00, anchored by Ana Paola Ordorica)
- Agenda Pública (Public Agenda with Mario Campos)
- En Una Hora (In an Hour)
- Hora 21 (The 9th Hour, anchored by Karla Iberia Sánchez)
- Es La Hora De Opinar (It's Time to Discuss with Leo Zuckermann)
- Final de Partida (Endgame, with Nicolás Alvarado and Julio Patán)
- Los Reporteros (The Reporters)
- Contra Campo (Counterfield)
- Oppenheimer Presenta (Oppenheimer Presents)
ForoTV's lack of full-time stations, however, is supplemented by its use by Televisa's local partners and most Televisa Regional stations. Most of these stations only take selected newscasts in key dayparts, such as Matutino Express, which is aired on all of the Televisoras Grupo Pacífico stations in Sinaloa.
- FOROtv (in Spanish)
|This article about Mexican television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|