From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up fps in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
FPS may refer to:
Units of measurement
- Foot-pound-second, the imperial units system of measurement.
- Feet per second, an Imperial unit for speed.
- Frames per second, used for measuring the frame rate in a moving image.
- fps magazine, a magazine about animation.
- First-person shooter, a video game genre centered on shooting where the player's on-screen view of the game world simulates that of the character.
- "F.P.S." (Law & Order: Criminal Intent), an episode of the TV show Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
- The Funday PawPet Show, an Internet original puppet show.
- FPS (ice hockey), ice hockey team of the club Forssan Palloseura.
- United States Federal Protective Service, agency responsible for the protection of United States federal buildings.
- Federal Protective Service (Russia), independent organization formerly part of the KGB.
- Facilities Protection Service, an Iraqi paramilitary organization.
- Floating Point Systems, a computer company founded in 1970 and later purchased by Cray Research.
- Future Problem Solving Program International, an academic competition for K-12 students.
- Fellow of the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia.
- Foundation Public School, Karachi and Hyderabad, Pakistan.
- Future Problem Solvers, a worldwide organization/competition that is designed to promote futuristic thinking in elementary, middle, and high schoolers.
- Facepunch Studios, an independent video game developer from England.
- The Portuguese Surfing Federation(Portugal), an association that manages the Surf, Bodyboard, Skateboard, Longboard, Kneeboard and Skimboarding in Portugal.
- Faster Payments Service, a banking initiative in the United Kingdom run by APACS.
- Amazon Flexible Payments Service, a payments web service allowing micropayments.
- Fast packet switching, a telecommunications protocol used in networking.
- Fear potentiated startle, a physiological reflex to a neutral stimulus as a result of fear conditioning.
- Fission power system, small nuclear-fission power units for spacecraft
- Five Point Someone – What not to do at IIT, a novel about IITians.
- Focal-plane shutter, a type of shutter in photographic cameras.
- Forties pipeline system in the North Sea.
- Frames Per Stop, a bowling technician industry term.
- Frontal Protection System.
- Sn-glycerol-3-phosphate 2-alpha-galactosyltransferase, an enzyme.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title FPS.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.