|Industry||Information Technology - Communications|
|Founded||September 13 1988|
|Headquarters||FPT Building, No 17 Duy Tan, Cau Giay, Hanoi, Vietnam|
|Trương Gia Bình (Chairman) Nguyen Van Khoa (CEO)|
|Products||Technology (IT solutions and services); Telecommunications (telecommunications services, FPT TV and digital content services); Training (from primary to post graduate)|
|Revenue||23,214 billion VND (2018)|
Number of employees
FPT (FPT Group), former The Corporation for Financing and Promoting Technology (FPT for short), is the largest information technology service company in Vietnam with its core business focusing on the provision of ICT-related services. According to the United Nations Development Programme, it was the 14th largest company in Vietnam in 2007. According to Vietnam Report 2012, this was the 3rd biggest enterprise in Vietnam. The criterion for the Vietnam Report’s ranking is those with private equity of 51% or more. In 2018, FPT's revenue reached VND 23,214 billion, an increase of 17% compared to 2017; Pre-tax profit reached 3,858, up 31% compared to 2017. Revenue and profit from foreign markets grew high, respectively up 27% and 35% year-on-year.
On September 13, 1988, the director of the National Institute of Technology Research signed a decision to establish The Food Processing Technology Company (FPT's original name), operating in the fields of drying technology, information technology and automation technology.
On October 27, 1990, the company was renamed The Corporation for Financing and Promoting Technology (FPT for short), specializing in information technology.
In 1998, FPT became one of the four leading Internet service providers in Vietnam to create a breakthrough in this field.
On September 8, 2006, the FPT University was founded under FPT, becoming the first licensed cooperate university. Key people of the university were Dr. Le Truong Tung - the first dean and Associate Professor Truong Gia Binh - the chairman of the board.
On October 24, 2006, FPT announced its decision to issue additional shares to two strategic investors, Texas Pacific Group (TPG) and Intel Capital. FPT received an investment of $36.5 million through TPG Ventures and Intel Capital.
On December 13, 2006, FPT stock was listed on the Ho Chi Minh City Stock Exchange (HOSE).
On December 19, 2008, FPT Corporation was approved to change its name from "The Corporation for Financing and Promoting Technology" to "FPT Corporation".
On December 24, 2008, FPT Corporation announced a decision to appoint Mr. Nguyen Thanh Nam as the CEO of FPT Group, replacing Mr. Truong Gia Binh. Mr. Nguyen Thanh Nam is a founding member of FPT Corporation, Chairman of FPT Software (FSOFT).
In February 2011, the board of directors of FPT Corporation issued a resolution appointing Mr. Truong Dinh Anh as general director to replace Mr. Nguyen Thanh Nam.
On July 31, 2013, the board of directors of FPT Corporation approved the appointment of Mr. Bui Quang Ngoc, Ph.D. in database, to replace Mr. Truong Gia Binh as FPT's general director. Mr. Bui Quang Ngoc is one of the founding members and currently vice chairman of FPT.
In 2014, FPT was the first IT company in Vietnam to acquire a foreign IT company, RWE IT Slovakia (a member of RWE, a European leading energy corporation).
In August 2017, FPT transferred 30% of its ownership in FPT Retail to Vina Capital and Dragon Capital, reducing its stake in FPT Retail to 55%.
In September 2017, FPT transferred 47% of its ownership in FPT Trading to Synnex Corporation (Taiwan), reducing its stake in FPT Trading to 48%.
In July 2018, FPT acquired 90% stake in Intellinet Consulting (Intellinet), one of the fastest growing technology consulting companies in the US.
In March 2019, FPT appointed Mr. Nguyen Van Khoa - Executive Vice President of FPT and CEO of FPT Information System - to take the position of FPT's CEO, replacing Mr. Bui Quang Ngoc at the end of his term.
Up to now, FPT has been present in 45 countries and territories around the world, including Vietnam, the United States, Japan, Korea, China, Britain, Germany, Netherlands, France, Slovakia, Singapore, Australia, Philippines, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Kuwait, Malaysia, Myanmar, etc. In Vietnam, FPT is present in 63/63 provinces and cities nationwide. The Company is headquartered in FPT Building, No 17 Duy Tan Street, Cau Giay District, Hanoi with 6 subsidiaries and 4 associates.
- Synnex FPT
- FPT Retail
- FPT Securities
- FPT Capital
- Technology: Software development; System integration; IT services
- Telecommunications: Telecom services; Digital content
- Education: From K1-K12; Vocational school; Undergraduate education; Postgraduate education; International affiliate programs and Online training
- Top 10 largest private enterprises in Vietnam
- Top 40 most valuable brands on Vietnam's stock market of 2015 by Brand Finance
- No. 1 in the field of system integration; IT services, online advertising in Vietnam
- No. 2 in fixed broadband internet access services in Vietnam ( Vietnam ICT White Paper 2014 released by the Ministry of Information and Communications)
- The first university in Vietnam to be awarded a 3-star ranking by the QS World University Rankings for three consecutive terms
- Top 100 Global Service Providers by IAOP
- Top 300 Asian Enterprises by Nikkei
- Top 130 Best Companies to Work for in Asia
- "The United Nations Development Programme 2007, "Top 200: Industrial Strategies of Viet Nam's Largest Firms". Retrieved 14 January 2008".
- VNR500. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- Vietnamnet, "Vietnam's top 500 firms in 2015 named"
- "FPT University receives licence". Vietnamnet Bridge. Vietnam News Agency. 2006-09-28. Retrieved 2008-01-13.
- "TPG, Intel Capital invest in Vietnam's FPT Corp." Reuters. January 19th 2007.
- "Microsoft, FPT sign strategic partnership." Vietnamnews. November 19th 2006.
- "FPT appoints new director". Dti News. Dan Tri International. February 24th 2011.
- "FPT appoints new CEO". Vietnam Investment Review. August 2nd 2013.
- "FPT strikes first M&A deal in Slovakia". VOV. The voice of Vietnam. June 19th 2014.
- "Vietnam's FPT sells 30 pct of subsidiary to investment funds". Reuters. August 11th 2017.
- "Synnex owns 47% of FPT Trading". The Saigon Times. September 13th 2017.
- "FPT appoints new CEO". vneconomictimes.com. Retrieved 2019-05-02.