The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for neologisms. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Functionality - Capability (Size & Generality of Feature Set), Reusability (Compatibility, Interoperability, Portability), Security (Safety & Exploitability)
- Usability (UX) - Human Factors, Aesthetics, Consistency, Documentation, Responsiveness
- Reliability - Availability (Failure Frequency (Robustness/Durability/Resilience), Failure Extent & Time-Length (Recoverability/Survivability)), Predictability (Stability), Accuracy (Frequency/Severity of Error)
- Performance - Speed, Efficiency, Resource Consumption (power, ram, cache, etc.), Throughput, Capacity, Scalability
- Supportability (Serviceability, Maintainability, Sustainability, Repair Speed) - Testability, Flexibility (Modifiability, Configurability, Adaptability, Extensibility, Modularity), Installability, Localizability
The model, developed at Hewlett-Packard was first publicly elaborated by Grady and Caswell. FURPS+ is now widely used in the software industry. The + was later added to the model after various campaigns at HP to extend the acronym to emphasize various attributes.
- Watson, Mike (2006). Managing Smaller Projects: A Practical Approach. Multi-Media Publications Inc. pp. 117 ff. ISBN 978-1-895186-85-7.
- Kenett, Ron; Baker, Emanuel (1999). Software Process Quality: Management and Control. CRC Press. pp. 130 ff. ISBN 978-0-8247-1733-9.
- Nakajo, Takeshi; Sasabuchi, Katsuhiko; Akiyama, Tadashi (April 1989). "A Structured Approach to Software Defect Analysis" (PDF). Hewlett-Packard Journal. Palo Alto: Hewlett-Packard Co. 40 (2): 50–56.
- Fischer, William A., Jr.; Jost, James W. (April 1989). "Comparing structured and unstructured methodologies in firmware development" (PDF). Hewlett-Packard Journal. Palo Alto: Hewlett-Packard Co. 40 (2): 80–85.
- Grady, Robert; Caswell, Deborah (1987). Software Metrics: Establishing a Company-wide Program. Prentice Hall. p. 159. ISBN 0-13-821844-7.
- Carter, Donald; Stilwell Baker, Barbara (1992). Concurrent Engineering, The Product Development Environment for the 1990's. Addision-Wesley. p. 175. ISBN 0-201-56349-5.
|This software-engineering-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|