FV Time Bandit
|Owner:||Andy Hillstrand, Johnathan Hillstrand and Neal Hillstrand|
|Operator:||Andy Hillstrand, Johnathan Hillstrand|
|Ordered:||John Hillstrand Sr.|
|Builder:||Giddings Boat Works, Coos Bay, Oregon|
|Class and type:||Fishing vessel, former Power scow|
|Length:||113 ft (34 m)|
|Beam:||28 ft (8.5 m)|
|Draft:||8 ft (2.4 m)|
|Installed power:||Two 600 hp Cummins diesels|
|Propulsion:||Two 58 × 55 prop|
|Speed:||9 knots (17 km/h; 10 mph)|
Hull and superstructure, black;trim/wheel house/lettering, white
The FV Time Bandit is a commercial crab fishing vessel co-captained by brothers Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand. It is featured on the Discovery Channel series Deadliest Catch. The Time Bandit is a 113-foot house aft boat owned by the Hillstrand brothers that was designed by the Hillstrands' father. The five men helped custom-build the boat's interior, including some comforts unheard of in a crab boat: a four-man sauna, state rooms with queen-size beds and a dishwasher. The vessel carries 137 pots.
Three of the five Hillstrand brothers make up the six-man crew. Manning the helm are either Johnathan Hillstrand, typically during the King crab season, or Andy Hillstrand, typically during the Opilio crab season, with their youngest brother Neal Hillstrand serving as engineer and Neal's sons, Axel and Phillip Hillstrand, working as deckhands. All three elder Hillstrands act as mechanics for the boat as well.
Justin Tennison, an engineer on the Time Bandit for two seasons, was found dead in a Homer, Alaska, hotel room on February 22, 2011. An autopsy revealed that his death was due to complications related to sleep apnea.
- Engines: two 600 horsepower (450 kW) Cummins QSK19 diesels
- Props: two 58 × 55 propellers
- Hydraulics: two 125 kW auxiliaries
- Crane: 10 ton 40’ knuckle boom
- Built in 1991 at the Giddings Boat Works in Coos Bay
- "Deadliest Catch - Season 2". Discovery Channel.
- "Deadliest Catch - Season 2 and following". Discovery Channel.
- "Deadliest Catch boat crew member found dead". CNN. February 22, 2011. Retrieved 2011-02-24.
- "New Power In The Heart of the Beast". Alan Haig-Brown. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- "Deadliest Catch - Meet the Men". Discovery Communications, LLC. Retrieved 2009-07-13.
- List of Deadliest Catch episodes#Specials