From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up F or f in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
F is the sixth letter of the Latin alphabet.
F may also refer to:
- Farad, a unit for electric capacitance
- Faraday constant
- Fluorine (symbol), a chemical element
- Focal length of a lens
- f-number (sometimes called f-ratio, f-stop, or written f/), the focal length divided by the aperture diameter
- Form (botany)
- Bioavailability, which is expressed as the letter "F" in medical chemistry equations
- F band, the range of radio frequencies from 3 to 4 GHz
- f-block, a group of elements on the periodic table elements
- F region, part of the ionosphere
- Haplogroup F (Y-DNA), a patrilineal haplogroup
- Haplogroup F (mtDNA), a matrilineal haplogroup
- Phenylalanine, abbreviated as Phe or F
- Helmholtz Free Energy, also abbreviated as A
- The electromagnetic field tensor in electromagnetism
- This is often generalize to include the field tensors of other interactions, as in i.e. the gluon field strength tensor.
- The number 15 in hexadecimal and higher positional systems
- The hypergeometric function pFq
- F-distribution, a continuous probability distribution
- F-test, a statistical test
- Femto, a prefix meaning 10−15
- Fibonacci number
Computers & electronics
- F (programming language), a subset of Fortran 95
- F Sharp (programming language), a functional and object-oriented language for the .NET platform.
- F connector, used for inlet in cable modems
- F crimp, a type of solderless electrical connection
- F-measure, the harmonic mean of precision and recall
- In programming languages, f is often used to represent floating points
- F (musical note)
- F major, the scale and key
- F minor, the scale and key
- Forte (music)
- F (album), an album by Japanese singer Masaharu Fukuyama
- F Album, an album by Japanese duo KinKi Kids
- "F", song on the double A-side single "Tsume Tsume Tsume/F" by Japanese metal band Maximum the Hormone
- F (film), a 2010 film directed by Johannes Roberts
- F Sixth Avenue Local, a rapid transit service of the New York City Subway
- F (S-train), trains on the ring line of Copenhagen's commuter train network
- F Market & Wharves, a heritage streetcar line operated by the San Francisco Municipal Railway
- France, on the vehicle registration plates of the European Union
- F (grade), a failing grade
- f, the symbol used in the International Phonetic Alphabet for the voiceless labiodental fricative
- Fax, referring to a facsimile machine
- f, common abbreviation in lexicons meaning feminine grammatical gender
- The citation abbreviation of the Federal Reporter
- The NYSE ticker symbol of the Ford Motor Company
- Ford F-Series, a series of full-size pickup trucks from Ford Motor Company
- F, Fujitsu's mobile phones in Japan
- Forward position in Australian Rules football
- "F" or "F***", sometimes used to bowlderise "fuck", which can be referred to as the "f-word" or "f-bomb".
- F, abbreviation for fax number
- F, abbreviation for the social networking service Facebook
- F, a class of designation in the United States military aircraft designation systems which stands for "Fighter"
- Common abbreviation for floor (for example, "3F" = 3rd floor)
- F, a common designation for fighter aircraft
- F word (disambiguation), euphemism for several words beginning with "f"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title F.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.