2018 Spring Release
|Operating system||Linux, Microsoft Windows (platform dependent)|
|Available in||English, German, plus over 40 other languages|
|Type||Enterprise Search, big data, knowledge management, insight engines|
|License||Commercial, test possibility available |
Mindbreeze is a range of software for enterprise search, information access and digital cognition. The products are developed by Mindbreeze GmbH, a subsidiary of the Fabasoft Group headquartered in Linz, Upper Austria.
The name "Mindbreeze" is derived from the terms "mind" and "breeze".
The first two Mindbreeze products, Mindbreeze Desktop Search and Mindbreeze Enterprise Search (today Fabasoft Mindbreeze Enterprise), were launched simultaneously in 2005. The software was developed with the objective of finding relevant information from all corporate applications and external data sources quickly (Enterprise Search).
In 2005 the product was able to search across:
- Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Outlook
- Files and documents in the local file system and central file sharing
- Fabasoft eGov-Suite und Fabasoft eCRM-Suite
From the start the products have been available under Linux and Microsoft Windows. In 2006 Mindbreeze started a partner program for developers. With the Software Development Kit it became possible to use Mindbreeze technology in third-party products and to connect a third-party product to Fabasoft Mindbreeze Enterprise.
At the beginning of 2006, Version 2.1 featured a Web Client in addition to the Windows Client. This replaced the Windows Client completely in 2008. In the following years the emphasis was placed on usability, maximum scalability and content comprehension and analysis. The connectors developed by Mindbreeze (for connection to data sources) have been developed and expanded continuously since 2005. Additional products like Mindbreeze InSpire and Fabasoft Mindbreeze Mobile were created. From version "2010 Winter Release" (5.0) onwards, Mindbreeze Enterprise Search has been renamed Fabasoft Mindbreeze Enterprise as part of the Fabasoft umbrella brand strategy.
Through cognitive computing, Mindbreeze InSpire relates scattered information to knowledge and makes it available in natural language. Machine learning and deep learning enable the system to learn from past examples. Information is gleaned from training documents and saved. The data is then further developed and enriched. New information is linked with existing knowledge and correlations are recognized.
- ISO 27001 certification
- ISO 20000 certification
- ISO 9001 certified quality management
- ISAE 3402 TYPE 2
Awards and recognition
- In 2010, Fabasoft Mindbreeze Mobile was nominated for the Innovation Prize - IT in the "Mobile" category, awarded by the German Initiative Mittelstand.
- In December 2013, Forrester included Mindbreeze in the "Site Search Technology" report.
- In November 2015, the accessibility of Mindbreeze was certified by Pfennigparade Center for Accessibility.
- Updates Mindbreeze InSpire Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- Mindbreeze Try&Buy, Downloaded on 17 March 2017.
- Fabasoft Mindbreeze Enterprise 2011 Winter Release: Archived 2011-10-06 at Archive.today Recalled at May 2, 2011.
- Fabasoft Mindbreeze Enterprise 2010 Spring Release SPI[permanent dead link]
- Stephan E. Arnold: An Interview with Daniel Fallmann. In ArnoldIT, September 3, 2009. Recalled at June 15, 2010.
- Annual Report Fabasoft AG 2005/2006 Archived 2013-01-03 at Archive.today
- Annual Report Fabasoft AG 2008/2009 Archived 2013-01-03 at Archive.today
- Annual Report Fabasoft AG 2009/2010 Archived 2013-01-03 at Archive.today
- Fabasoft Mindbreeze Enterprise 2011 Spring Release: Archived 2011-10-05 at the Wayback Machine Recalled on August 15, 2011.
- Siegerliste: Innovationspreis-IT(recalled at June 15, 2010)
- GmbH, CW Fachverlag. "Mindbreeze in "Site Search Technology" aufgenommen". computerwelt.at (in German). Retrieved 2017-03-20.
- "Independent Report Certifies Accessibility for Mindbreeze InSpire". Mindbreeze. Retrieved 2017-03-20.