||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Paris, San Francisco, Moscow, Lisbon, Toulouse|
Number of employees
The agency conceives, designs, and executes digital initiatives for large companies, organizations and government agencies. Notable examples include the official RATP mobile app for the Parisian metro system, the inaugural AT&T DevLab developer conference, the Le 17 innovation showroom for Suez Environnement, digital strategy development for Toys "R" Us, self-driving vehicle app specifications for The Earth Institute Program on Sustainable Mobility, and a variety of projects for L'Oréal.
It is also known for establishing and working with entrepreneurial communities such as coworking spaces and startup incubators. It has collaborated closely with and maintains strong connections to such organizations as Cap Digital, Silicon Sentier, La Cantine, and Le Camping.
FaberNovel was founded in 2003 by Stéphane Distinguin. a French entrepreneur. FaberNovel is established in Paris, San Francisco (with its open incubator Parisoma), New York, Moscow and Lisbon. Beside its consultancy business, FaberNovel has created startups such as Digitick, af83 or more recently ShareYourOffice and Quantstreams.
The company expanded to San Francisco in 2007 with the founding of PARISOMA, a coworking space and "open incubator" in the SoMa district, which also houses FaberNovel's offices. Additional offices were established in Moscow in 2010, New York City in 2011, Lisbon in early 2013 and Toulouse in 2014.
In 2014, FaberNovel acquired the interactive web agency Buzzaka.
FaberNovel's mission is to "Help large organizations think and act like startups." FaberNovel's approach is based on "entrepreneurial thinking, lean methodologies, and user-centric design," with the goal of helping its clients attain the "speed and boldness" of young startups. The company takes an "ecosystem approach" to innovation, establishing environments conducive to innovation such as coworking spaces and startup incubators and working collaboratively with multiple actors in these communities.
FaberNovel maintains an international footprint, with frequent exchanges and project collaboration between offices. It has also worked with clients in over 10 countries and 4 continents. Employees generally fall under the categories of analysis, design, engineering, graphic design, communications and marketing, or management, although everyone is expected to work in cross-disciplinary roles.
The agency has done work for numerous French, U.S., and multinational companies and public organizations. Notable examples include the official RATP mobile app for the Parisian metro system, the inaugural AT&T DevLab developer conference, the Le 17 innovation showroom for Suez Environnement, digital strategy development for Toys "R" Us, self-driving vehicle specifications for The Earth Institute Program on Sustainable Mobility at Columbia University, and a variety of projects for L'Oréal.
The company offers a range of services related to business, technology, and design. These services include digital strategy, ideation and prototyping, new product conception, service design, market research and benchmarking, technology-related events, executive training programs, and organizational design, among others. It also actively invests in technology startups through its seed investment fund P.I.Nk and has "excubated," or spun off, a number of companies including Digitick, Europe's leading e-ticketing service, which was purchased in 2011 by Vivendi.
The company has published a number of highly regarded studies on technology companies and technology trends. These studies have cumulatively received more than 7 million views on SlideShare and won awards such as "Most favorited" and "Most popular technology presentation". Notable examples include:
- LinkedIn: The Serious Network
- 6 Reasons Why APIs Are Reshaping Your Business
- Facebook: The Perfect Startup
- Amazon.com: The Hidden Empire
- Apple: 8 Easy Steps to Beat Microsoft (and Google)
- Why Could Google Die...Maybe Not Now, but Tomorrow
The company operates with a startup mindset, launching prototypes with lean budgets and skeleton crews, and later expanding resources to accommodate growth. Many FABERNOVEL employees go on to found or run startups as the end result of this process. The agency has "excubated," or spun off, a number of companies including:
- Digitick, an e-ticketing service founded in 2004 and spun off in 2006
- af83, an application development and experience design firm founded in 2008
- Chugulu Games, an interactive gaming studio founded in 2006
- C4M Prod
- Doyoubuzz, an online resume builder founded in 2007
- eXo Platform, an Open Source Enterprise Social Platform firm founded in 2003
- Bureau a Partager
- Silver Cannes Lion in the Cyber category at the 2011 Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival
- "Most favorited" and "Best technology presentation" in 2011 SlideShare Zeitgeist, for "Amazon.com: The Hidden Empire"
- Webby Awards for "Best use of animation or motion graphics" and "Best visual design - aesthetic" in 2010, for Monet 2010
- 30th-place ranking in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, an annual publication of the Deloitte Technology, Media & Telecommunications industry group that ranks the 50 French companies in these industries with the fastest revenue growth rates over the previous five years.
- Inclusion in the 2008 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, which ranks the 50 fastest-growing technology companies based in the EMEA region.
- Digital Revolution
- Service Design
- User-centered design
- Design thinking
- Product Design
- User Experience
- User Interface
- Soltys, Youri. "FaberNovel Rachète L'Éditeur d'Application Mobiles Applidium". Frenchweb. Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- "Design and Innovation Agency". NYC OpenData. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "High-Level Specifications for a Prototype Commercial System". Earth Institute | Columbia University. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- "FaberNovel - Innovation Agency". FaberNovel. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "Stéphane Distinguin". Speakers Academy. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Benyayer, Louis-David. "Interview de Stéphane Distinguin (FaberNovel)". Without Model. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "FaberNovel Rachète Applidium". MacPlus.net. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Déplacement de Bertrand Delanoë à San Francisco". Mairie de Paris. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Roush, Wade. "PariSoma "innovation Loft" is Movin' On Up". Xconomy. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "New York: The Emerging Center of Innovation". FaberNovel. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- Badger, Emily. "Visualizing the New York Subway System's 'Data Exhaust'". The Atlantic. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "FaberNovel Deck June 2012". FaberNovel. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Team". FaberNovel. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- "API Economy: The Giant Has Awaked". FaberNovel. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- "Notre Solution: P.I.Nk". FaberNovel. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Digitick". FaberNovel. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Sinha, Rashmi. "SlideShare Zeitgeist 2011". SlideShare. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "6 Reasons Why APIs Are Reshaping Your Business". FaberNovel. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- Lunden, Ingrid. "Why Facebook Is Still the Perfect Startup (Slides)". TechCrunch. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Raynal, Juliette. "FaberNovel Décrypte les 5 Raisons Qui Font Que Facebook est la Start-up Parfaite". Frenchweb. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Beuth, Marie-Catherine. "Pourquoi Facebook est la Start-up Parfaite, Selon FaberNovel". Le Figaro. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Schonfeld, Erick. "How Amazon Controls Ecommerce (Slides)". TechCrunch. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Honigman, Philippe. "FaberNovel Reveals the Three Secrets of Amazon". ftopia. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Schonfeld, Erick. "How Apple Dominates (in Slides)". TechCrunch. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Schonfeld, Erick. "What Could Go Wrong With Google: The Slideshow". TechCrunch. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "About". af83. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "History". Chugulu Games. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- Varza, Roxanne. "France's Doyoubuzz Launch in the U.S. to Crush Word-Processed Resumes". TechCrunch. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "About Us". eXo Platform. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "Une Nouvelle Excubation de FaberNovel". FaberNovel. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "Cyber Lions Winners" (PDF). Cannes Lions Festival. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- "15th Annual Webby Awards Nominees and Winners". International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "Deloitte Technology Fast 50" (PDF). Deloitte. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- "Technology Fast 500 2008" (PDF). Deloitte. Retrieved 6 February 2013.