Estoyanoff playing for Peñarol in 2011
|Full name||Fabián Larry Estoyanoff Poggio|
|Date of birth||27 September 1982|
|Place of birth||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|2002–2003||→ Peñarol (loan)||45||(15)|
|2005–2006||→ Cádiz (loan)||29||(2)|
|2006–2007||→ Deportivo La Coruña (loan)||28||(1)|
|2007||→ Valladolid (loan)||4||(0)|
|2008||→ Peñarol (loan)||11||(4)|
|2010–2011||→ Peñarol (loan)||22||(3)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13 September 2015.
Born in Montevideo, Estoyanoff started his career at Centro Atlético Fénix in 2000, and was loaned to C.A. Peñarol two years later. In 2005 he signed for Valencia CF in Spain, but never represented the Che during his three-year link, which included several loan spells.
Estoyanoff made his La Liga debuts in the 2005–06 season, appearing regularly as Cádiz CF was relegated. The following campaign he also featured consistently with Deportivo de La Coruña (although mainly as a substitute), scoring the game's only goal in a start against RCD Mallorca at home, through a penalty.
For 2007–08 Valencia loaned Estoyanoff again, and he started out with Real Valladolid, where a lack of playing time prompted another loan, with a return to Uruguay and Peñarol in January 2008. There, he once again teamed up with Carlos Bueno; he played in Spain as a non-foreigner, having received an Italian passport.
Estoyanoff was finally released by Valencia in June 2008, eventually agreeing on a move to Panionios FC, having a successful first season in the Superleague Greece. In 2010, the 28-year-old re-joined former club Peñarol on loan, and the move was made permanent the following year.
In January 2015, Estoyanoff signed for Al-Nassr FC in the Saudi Professional League. On 5 May, after his team had suffered a 1–3 home loss against Lekhwiya SC for the AFC Champions League, he attacked opposing player Nam Tae-hee from behind in the tunnel, being subsequently fined in 50% of his salary.
- Estoyanoff, en el nombre del abuelo (Estoyanoff, in the name of the grandfather); El Observador, 23 October 2012 (Spanish)
- Estoyanoff se marcha cedido al Cádiz (Estoyanoff goes on loan to Cádiz); Diario AS, 11 July 2005 (Spanish)
- Estoyanoff: "La primera meta es acceder a las competiciones europeas" (Estoyanoff: "The first goal is to reach European competitions"); Marca, 15 July 2006 (Spanish)
- El Deportivo vence con lo mínimo al Mallorca (Deportivo defeats Mallorca with the least); Marca, 3 February 2007 (Spanish)
- Estoyanoff jugará cedido en Valladolid la próxima temporada (Estoyanoff will play on loan to Valladolid next season); Marca, 27 July 2007 (Spanish)
- Estoyanoff regresa a Peñarol (Estoyanoff returns to Peñarol); El Mundo Deportivo, 18 January 2008 (Spanish)
- Al-Nassr’s Fabián Estoyanoff fined half of salary after attack on opponent; The Guardian, 7 May 2015
- Copa América 2004; at RSSSF
- Fabián Estoyanoff profile at BDFutbol
- National team data (Spanish)
- Fabián Estoyanoff at National-Football-Teams.com
- Fabián Estoyanoff – FIFA competition record
- Fabián Estoyanoff profile at Soccerway