|Full name||Fabián Alberto O'Neill Domínguez|
|Date of birth||14 October 1973|
|Place of birth||Paso de los Toros, Uruguay|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only
O'Neill is the oldest of five children born to Luis Alberto O’Neill and Mercedes Domínguez. He is the great-great-grandson of Michael O’Neill, an Irishman from County Cork who arrived in Uruguay in 1837.
O'Neill began his professional career at Nacional in the Uruguayan Primera División playing in the first team between 1992 and 1995. In 1996, he moved to Italy to play with Serie A club Cagliari. The club was relegated to Serie B in 1997, but promoted again in 1998. After Cagliari was relegated again in 2000, O'Neill was transferred to Juventus. In January 2002 he moved to Perugia as part of a deal involving the transfer of Davide Baiocco to Juventus. He was released in the summer break and returned to Cagliari in Serie B.
Retirement and return
He then retired, returning to Uruguay to focus on operating his cattle ranch. In January 2003, O'Neill returned to Nacional but played only five times. He has since played and managed semiprofessional football in the Uruguayan lower leagues.
O'Neill played 19 times for Uruguay. He played his first match for the national team in June 1993 in a Copa América group match against the United States The last of his 19 caps was in May 2002 against China in Shenyang. He was a member of the Uruguay squad at the 2002 FIFA World Cup but did not play.
- Malcolm, Conrad O’Neill. "Fabián O'Neill, football player". Society for Irish Latin American Studies. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- "Significant Events After The Closure of the First Months of 2001/2002" (PDF). Six-Monthly Report at 21 December 2001. Juventus Football Club. p. 22. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 December 2008. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- Tagliaferro, Gerardo (4 April 2012). "Talento y pico" [Talent and then some (at Q.33)]. Montevideo.com.uy (in Spanish). Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- "O'Neill: 'I fixed Serie A games'". Football Italia. 3 July 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- "Uruguay – International Matches 1991–1995". RSSSF.com. Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. Archived from the original on 23 July 2010. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- "Appearances for Uruguay National Team". RSSSF.com. Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. Archived from the original on 5 June 2009. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- "Squad Profiles – Uruguay – Fabian O'Neill". World Cup 2002. BBC Sport. 31 May 2002. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- Fabián O'Neill at National-Football-Teams.com