Rinaudo in 2009
|Full name||Fabián Andrés Rinaudo|
|Date of birth||15 May 1987|
|Place of birth||Armstrong, Argentina|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|2008–2011||Gimnasia La Plata||100||(1)|
|2014||→ Catania (loan)||17||(0)|
|2015–||→ Gimnasia La Plata (loan)||17||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 June 2016.
Fabián Andrés Rinaudo (born 15 May 1987 in Armstrong, Santa Fe) is an Argentinian footballer who plays as a midfielder for Gimnasia on loan from Italian club Catania. Rinaudo also holds an Italian passport, and sometimes plays with his nickname, Fito, on his shirt.
Gimnasia La Plata
He made his league debut for Gimnasia y Esgrima de La Plata in a 0–0 draw against River Plate on 5 October 2008. In the 2009-10 season he was awarded the prize for best player[by whom?] in the Torneo Apertura and second-best for the Torneo Clausura. He played 100 games for Gimnasia, his last one being a 1–1 draw against San Martín de San Juan, result that relegated Gimnasia to the Primera B Nacional.
Sporting Clube de Portugal
On 3 July 2011, Fito Rinaudo joined Portuguese club Sporting Clube de Portugal, signing a four-year contract with a €25M minimum fee release clause. Sporting signed him in a leverage deal as the club later sold 15% economic rights to Sporting Portugal Fund and another 50% to Quality Sports Investments. The club retained 35% economic rights on future transfer fee.
- "Rinaudo é reforço" (in Portuguese). Sporting CP. 3 July 2011. Retrieved 8 March 2012.
- "Rinaudo com cláusula de rescisão de 25 milhões". Record. 13 July 2011.
- Sporting Futebol SAD Annual Report 2011–12 (Portuguese)
- "Catania sumó otro argentino: Fabián Rinaudo". Goal.com (in Spanish). 10 January 2014. Retrieved 10 January 2014.