Fabian Del Priore
Fabian began his professional game music career at age 16. After sending a demo tape to Chris Hülsbeck, Fabian became a freelancing composer, arranger and sound designer at Chris' company Synsoniq Records for computer- and video games.
In the same year while still 16, Fabian experienced his breakthrough as a professional composer. He made music for his first computer game soundtrack which was over 60 minutes of CD audio- and MIDI music for Blue Byte's Extreme Assault, a first-person shooter / helicopter action game for PC DOS / Windows platforms. Fabian produced the biggest part of the soundtrack in co-operation with Chris Huelsbeck. Being one of the most well-known computer games 1997 in Europe, it gained positive reviews in printmags, with high music ratings too, which gave Fabian further motivation to pursue his career.
Fabian was gradually involved in numerous video and computer games and produced soundtracks for games like Menateus, the official computer game for the Expo 2000 World Exhibition, Cultures 2: The Gates of Asgard by Funatics Development, Cold Zero by JoWood Productions, Hotel Giant or Chicago 1930 by Spellbound. Since then, he built up a professional midi / audio production studio where he is still working on game soundtracks and music for multimedia, television and other productions.
In 1999, producer Thomas Böcker and Fabian had the idea to create Merregnon, a worldwide project where renowned composers from the computer games and the demo music scene were asked to compose music for the adventures and the surroundings of the characters in orchestral music style. The result of their work has been put together on an exclusive CD which gained international success. In spring 2004, the second part of the Merregnon CD trilogy was released. During his work, Fabian gained his first knowledge and experience in orchestration and in writing scores for Symphony Orchestras. During the production of Merregnon Vol. 2, he worked together with members of the Prague Symphony Orchestra, the Prague Philharmonic Choir and the New York Philharmonic Orchestra).
Furthermore, Fabian was musically involved in the first symphonic game music concert in the world (outside Japan), which was the opening concert of the Games Convention 2003, the biggest trade show for computer and video games in Europe, and took place on August 20, 2003 in the famous Gewandhaus in Leipzig, Germany. Over 2,000 People visited the concert and gave it positive reviews. Fabian composed and arranged two music pieces for the concert, parts of the Merregnon 2 Suite and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker by Nintendo written by Koji Kondo. The concert has been performed live by the Czech National Symphony Orchestra. In the following year, the second symphonic game music concert took place in Leipzig as part of the "Games Convention 2004" opening ceremony, performed by the Prague FILMharmonic Orchestra, where Fabian produced three music pieces: The Secret of Monkey Island, Turrican and Metal Gear Solid and worked as synthesizer programmer for the concert.
In January 2006, four school concerts, titled "Helden unserer Phantasie" ("Heroes of our Imagination"), featuring video game music were held in Germany, performed by the Neue Elbland Philharmonie Orchestra. The "Merregnon Soundtrack - Volume 2 - Suite" (as performed at the GC Games Convention Concert 2003) with 4 minutes of music composed by Fabian was played at all four concerts.
Also in 2006, the first worldwide video game concert tour, titled PLAY! A Video Game Symphony was announced where Fabian works as music arranger. The concert tour was successful in 2007 as well and has been extended to 2008 with concerts all over the world.
Since 2006, Fabian also works together with Dynamedion, Germany's biggest label for game music, as composer and sound designer especially for handheld video games.
Video Game References
- Giana Sisters: Dream Runners
- Doctor Who Legacy
- Giana Sisters: Rise of the Owlverlord
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
- Leona's Tricky Adventures
- Pearl Harbor Trilogy
- Giana Sisters DS
- Cultures 2: The Gates of Asgard
- Extreme Assault
- Chicago 1930
- Cold Zero: No Mercy
- Hotel Giant
- Inspector Gadget: Gadget's Crazy Maze
- Know How 2
- 8th Wonder of the World
- Menateus (EXPO 2000)
- Elkware (30 mobile games)
- Emergency: Fighters For Life
- Perry Rhodan: Operation Eastside
- Stealth Combat
- UPIXO In Action: Mission in Snowdriftland (Online Nintendo game)
- Chick Chick Boom (Online Nintendo game)
- THINK Logik Trainer (Nintendo DS)
- CrossworDS (Nintendo DS)
- X: Beyond the Frontier
- 2014: Gem'X Extended Soundtrack
- 2014: The Sound of SceneSat Vol. 3
- 2013: Turrican Soundtrack Anthology (Volume 4)
- 2013: Paula, Agnus & Denise
- 2012: Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams Original Soundtrack
- 2012: Pearl Harbor Trilogy - 1941: Red Sun Rising Official Game Soundtrack
- 2012: Platypus Soundtrack
- 2011: Immortal 4
- 2009: PLAY! A Video Game Symphony Live!
- 2008: Jogeir Liljedahl - Out of Silence
- 2007: Chris Hülsbeck - Number Nine
- 2007: Tunnel Chill Zone Part 2 (Sony BMG)
- 2006: Rapture Of The Deep - Essentials (iTunes Album)
- 2006: Immortal 3
- 2005: Merregnon Soundtrack Vol. 2 Japanese Edition
- 2005: Revival ST
- 2004: Merregnon Soundtrack Vol. 2
- 2002: Immortal 2
- 2002: Remix 64 Vol. 1
- 2001: Back in Time 3 – A Space Odyssey
- 2000: Interstellar Harmony Vol. 2
- 2000: Merregnon Soundtrack Vol. 1
- 1997: Worms 2 Soundtrack
- 1997: Frankfurt Beat (Yellow Box)
- 1997: Incubation Soundtrack
- 1997: Extreme Assault Soundtrack
- GC - Games Convention Game Music Concerts 2003, 2004 and 2005
- Four school concerts featuring video game music titled "Heroes of Imagination" (2006)
- Play! A Video Game Symphony (first worldwide Video Game Concert Tour), 2006, 2007 and 2008