|Full name||Fabien Robert|
|Date of birth||6 January 1989|
|Place of birth||Hennebont, France|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|2009–2010||→ Boulogne (loan)||16||(1)|
|2012||→ Doncaster Rovers (loan)||13||(2)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17 May 2014.
Fabien Robert (born 6 January 1989 in Hennebont) is a French football player of Réunion heritage. He plays as an attacking midfielder, but also can play as a striker. Robert has two brothers who are also footballers. Bertrand, 31, who plays for Apollon Limassol in Cyprus and former French international Laurent, 39, who formerly played for English club Newcastle United and Portsmouth, he has since retired after being released from Larissa in 2009. Both of his elder brothers were born in Réunion.
Robert is a product of the FC Lorient Centre de Formation, having previously played for local side AS Lanester. Following great success playing on Lorient's under-18 and CFA 2 squad, on 15 June 2007, he signed an unprecedented five-year professional contract effectively keeping him with Lorient until 2012. He was promoted to the senior squad for the Ligue 1 2007–08 season and assigned the number 28 shirt. He made his professional debut on 1 September 2007 in a league match against Strasbourg appearing as a substitute in the 60th minute. The final result was a 0–0 draw. Over the course of the season, he made eleven appearances, nine of them as a substitute and one start, his first ever, in a 0–0 draw against Le Mans.
Doncaster Rovers loan
On 31 January 2012, Robert joined Championship side Doncaster Rovers on loan until the end of the season, following the footsteps of his brother Laurent who had also played for clubs in England. After making four appearances as a substitute, he finally started the match against Birmingham City which ended in a 3-1 defeat on 30 March 2012. He scored his first goal for Doncaster in the 4-3 defeat to Portsmouth on 14 April 2012.
Robert is available for selection with the France under-21 team and appeared in a FIFA non-sanctioned friendly with the under-21s against the Paris Saint-Germain Reserves played in January 2009. On 25 May 2009, he was selected to the under-20 squad to participate in the 2009 Mediterranean Games.
- Fabien Robert, la relève du FCL ![dead link]
- Strasbourg v. Lorient Match Report. Lfp.fr. Retrieved on 25 September 2011.
- Lorient v. Le Mans Match Report. Lfp.fr. Retrieved on 25 September 2011.
- "Rovers Sign Robert". Doncaster Rovers FC. 2012-01-31. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
- "Doncaster 3-4 Portsmouth". BBC. 14 April 2012. Retrieved 14 April 2012.
- Fabien Robert en stage de détection. Fclorient.net. Retrieved on 25 September 2011.
- F. Robert retenu pour les Jeux Méditerranéens – 20 ans[dead link]