Fabien Vehlmann (2015)
|Born||January 30, 1972|
Fabien Vehlmann, born in 1972 in Mont-de-Marsan, grew up in the Landes and the Savoie. He studied in Nantes. He started writing comics in 1996, but only got to work for Spirou magazine the next year, where he provided very short stories for the weekly summary of the magazine. Soon, some stories of a few pages followed, with artwork by a number of different artists, including Eric Maltaite and René Follet. His first recurring series was Green Manor with Denis Bodart. With Bruno Gazzotti he created Seuls.
In January 2009, it was announced in Spirou magazine #3694 that Jean-David Morvan and José-Luis Munuera would be succeeded as the creative team behind the series Spirou et Fantasio by Yoann and Vehlmann, who had together created the first volume of Une aventure de Spirou et Fantasio par.... Their first album in the regular series is announced for October 2009.
|Green Manor||2001–2005||3||Denis Bodart||Dupuis (English publisher: Cinebook Ltd)|
|Des lendemains sans nuage||2001||1||Bruno Gazzotti and Ralph Meyer||Le Lombard|
|Samedi et Dimanche||2001 -||4||Gwen||Dargaud|
|Le Marquis d'Anaon||2002 -||4||Matthieu Bonhomme||Dargaud|
|La nuit de l'Inca||2003–2004||2||Frantz Duchazeau||Dargaud|
|Ian||2003 -||4||Ralph Meyer||Dargaud|
|Wondertown||2005 -||2||Benoît Feroumont||Dupuis|
|Les cinq conteurs de Bagdad||2006||1||Frantz Duchazeau||Dargaud|
|Seuls||2006 -||11||Bruno Gazzotti||Dupuis|
|Une Aventure de... Spirou et Fantasio||2006||1||Yoann||Dupuis|
|Sept psychopathes||2007||1||Sean Phillips||Delcourt|
|Dieu qui pue, dieu qui pête||2008||1||Frantz Duchazeau||Milan|
|Jolies Ténèbres (Beautiful Darkness)||2009||1||Kerascoët||Drawn and Quarterly|
|Spirou et Fantasio||2010-||2||Yoann||Dupuis|
|L'Île aux cent mille Morts||2011||1||Jason||Glénat|
- 2002: Iris award at the Prix Saint-Michel for Le Marquis d'Anaon
- 2002: nominated for the Angoulême International Comics Festival Award for Best Scenario for Green Manor
- 2002: nominated for the Angoulême International Comics Festival Award for First Comic Book for Samedi et Dimanche
- 2005: nominated for the Angoulême International Comics Festival Award for Best Scenario for Le Marquis d'Anaon
- 2006: nominated for Best comic (French language) at the Prix Saint-Michel for Seuls
- 2007: Prix des libraires BD, awarded by Canal BD, for Les cinq conteurs de Bagdad
- 2008: nominated for Best Youth Comic at the Prix Saint-Michel for Seuls 3
- Anspach, Nicolas (2006-03-25). "Vehlmann & Meyer". ActuaBD (in French). Retrieved 2008-09-25.
- Illies Dzanouni (January 2002). "Interview: entretien avec Fabien Vehlmann". Auracan (in French). Retrieved 2008-09-25.
- ToutenBD reports the new authors for Spirou (24 January 2009)
- Official site 2002 Archived June 27, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Official site 2006 nominations Archived 2006-11-21 at the Wayback Machine
- "Prix des libraires BD". CanalBD (in French). Retrieved 2008-09-25.
- "De genomineerden 2008". Archived from the original on 2008-12-22. Retrieved 2008-10-15.